Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2020 Argon 18 e119 Tri+
Quote | Reply
I'm strongly considering purchasing this bike. I'm 5'9" so I'm pretty sure based on my fit measurements I'd be on a medium frame. I'm currently on a small Argon 18 e112 and believe I've been on a frame that's too small.

Several pros have used this bike to include Heather Jackson, Eric Lagerstrom, Michelle Vesterby and Matt Trautman.

The frame supposedly tested well for aerodynamics. It is also fully integrated. The frame weight is 2.6lbs, so it's very light and should be solid for climbs.

It has rim brakes. I have rim brake Flo 60's, so that works. I plan to buy a 105 groupset. The Ultegra is about $200 more, and 0.3lbs lighter. I'm currently running Sram 10 speed 30bb which isn't compatible with the frame which is bb86, hence the groupset upgrade. I'm also going from 53/39 11/28 to 52/36 11/30.

Does anyone have any experience with this bike as far as performance? Also, any suggestions or input would be great. Since I'm not going disc brakes which would require new wheels and I'm skipping di2, I'm saving several thousand dollars. Basically, it will serve as a superbike on a budget for me. Better than another entry level bike, but not a $10,000 loaded superbike.
Last edited by: mwanner13: Nov 16, 19 6:51
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Argon 18 e119 Tri+ [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2019. No idea if its much different than the 2020. It replaced a BMC TMO1.

Nice bike, I did go with DI2, rim brakes, Enve wheels.

The front is low and narrow which takes some getting used to when not in the aero bars.

Due to an early season crash on my training bike, I can't compare bike splits on this bike vs. the TMO1 on the same course, but in my 2 races before my crash I was 2'nd OA (best bike split) in one and won my age group (best bike split in age group) in the other. Also getting older, so its getting a lot harder to "beat last year"

It is a "cool" looking bike,
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Argon 18 e119 Tri+ [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to derail this thread, but what bb comes on this frame? I am trying to find a crank based pm for a friend on this bike. Hoping to put on a quarq on her bike.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Argon 18 e119 Tri+ [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2020 isn't out yet. It will have Disc Brakes.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Argon 18 e119 Tri+ [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BB86 PF
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Argon 18 e119 Tri+ [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
The 2020 isn't out yet. It will have Disc Brakes.

The e119 Tri+ is a 2020 bike. Gen 1 was 2019. The disc version replacement is the e118+, also a 2020 that released this fall. Jackson rode a custom version in Kona.
Last edited by: mwanner13: Nov 16, 19 10:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
I have a 2019. No idea if its much different than the 2020. It replaced a BMC TMO1.

Nice bike, I did go with DI2, rim brakes, Enve wheels.

The front is low and narrow which takes some getting used to when not in the aero bars.

Due to an early season crash on my training bike, I can't compare bike splits on this bike vs. the TMO1 on the same course, but in my 2 races before my crash I was 2'nd OA (best bike split) in one and won my age group (best bike split in age group) in the other. Also getting older, so its getting a lot harder to "beat last year"

It is a "cool" looking bike,

Thanks for the feedback. It doesn't sound like the bike will give me any excuses :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The E-118 is a UCI legal bike. The E-119 is not.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there. I work for Argon 18, so if you have any questions about the E119T+, feel free to contact me at lisa.hunt@argon18bike.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 Argon 18 e119 Tri+ [Osmo_gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Osmo_gal wrote:
Hi there. I work for Argon 18, so if you have any questions about the E119T+, feel free to contact me at lisa.hunt@argon18bike.com

Thank you Lisa. I sent you an email this morning. I appreciate your help.
Quote Reply