Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3 Fit - Stack and Reach
Quote | Reply
Long time listener, first time caller. :>

I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to replicate my current bike setup on the P3 - 58 (700c) I had a look at the specs on the website, but I don't think they give enough information.

My seat nose is exactly over my bb center.
From my seat nose to armrest pads is; 432mm (17in)
From top of my seat to center of bb is; 794mm (31.25in)
From top of my seat to top of armrest is; 114mm (4.5in) drop

I live in the middle of nowhere, so the chances of actually sitting on one are non-existent. Anyone who can offer up some help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Fit - Stack and Reach [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 58 cm P3 myself. The P3 is one of the most adjustable bikes on the market. My setup up is fairly close to yours so you shouldn't have a problem.

1 You'll have no problem getting the saddle nose above bb. I have my seatpost in the forward position and saddle positions range from maybe 1cm behind bb to 3.5 cm in front of bb. I like it all the way forward which is nearly 3.5 cm in front of bb.

2 My seat nose to back of armrest pads is about 17 in, yet I have the seat as forward as it will go. I have a 36.5" inseam which puts my mid-saddle to bb distance at about 32". The extra seat height pulls the seat back a bit from the elbow pads so you shouldn't have a problem. This dimension is very dependent on your type of aerobars as well.

3 No problem with seat height. Yours is about 3/4 inch below mine which makes our setups similar.

4 I have about 5 inches of armrest drop with all my spacers under the stem. I have hed aerobars which are a much lower setup than my old syntace c-2s. Dan mentioned in his review that the hed's are 3.5cm lower than other brands. My point is you shouldn't have a problem getting 4.5 inches of drop.

Dean
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Fit - Stack and Reach [dwp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dean. How do you like the hed aerobars? Can the bars be angled up/down independent of the brake arms?
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Fit - Stack and Reach [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Can the bars be angled up/down independent of the brake arms?"

No.

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Fit - Stack and Reach [postmanpat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the hed aerobars are the best ones out there, despite an issue I have to deal with in adjustability. Like the previous post states, you can not angle the armrests up/down independently from the brake hoods. This isn't a problem for me as I prefer them perfectly flat and perfectly aligned with the brake hoods. If you're the kind of rider who prefers a significant downward or upward tilt, this could be an issue. I hadn't heard that brought up before.

My issue is with the adjustability of the inward/outward angling of the extensions. While the hand grips have infinite rotation, the extensions themselves only are able to angle inward a limited amount. As a larger rider, I have my elbow pads about 12" apart. This only allows me to angle the extensions inward enough to get my hand grips about 6-7" apart. I compensated by angling the hand grips inward which now leaves my hands as close as I prefer them, but at a less natural position (in my previous setup the tops of my hands were rotated outward). I hope that description makes sense.

Bottom line- even with my adjustability problem, I still think they're the best thing out there. Granted, they'd better be the best with that price tag.
Quote Reply