Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you haven’t been paying attention.

HE’S FUCKING IMPERVIOUS TO CONSEQUENCE. AND HE KNOWS IT. THANK YOU SPINELESS FUCKING REPUBLICANS.

Not yelling at you. Just shaking my fist at the sky, I guess.

Yeah. I'm just waiting for one, just one (other than Romney), Republican to stop being so spineless. I've never seem so many cowards.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am confused about this trial / mistrial now.

Roger stone's lawyers are arguing that there should be mistrial because one of the jury members incorrectly / lied when answering questions.

Specifically, Stone's lawyers are arguing that the jury member lied about knowing that "roger stone was a member of trump's campaign." Didnt trump previously argue that stone wasnt party of the campaign? Wasnt the Roger Stone case not handled directly with mueller because Roger Stone wasnt part of trump's campaign?

Even more confusing is that trump jsut now tweeted the below. So trump is arguing roger wasnt part of the campaign. Stone is arguing that he was part of the campaign and that this jury member knew it.... even though the candidate himself doesnt think that.

Quote:
She was totally biased, as is the judge. Roger wasn’t even working on my campaign. Miscarriage of justice. Sad to watch!
Last edited by: patentattorney: Feb 25, 20 13:39
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I am confused about this trial / mistrial now.

Roger stone's lawyers are arguing that there should be mistrial because one of the jury members incorrectly / lied when answering questions.

Specifically, Stone's lawyers are arguing that the jury member lied about knowing that "roger stone was a member of trump's campaign." Didnt trump previously argue that stone wasnt party of the campaign? Wasnt the Roger Stone case not handled directly with mueller because Roger Stone wasnt part of trump's campaign?

Even more confusing is that trump jsut now tweeted the below. So trump is arguing roger wasnt part of the campaign. Stone is arguing that he was part of the campaign and that this jury member knew it.... even though the candidate himself doesnt think that.

Quote:
She was totally biased, as is the judge. Roger wasn’t even working on my campaign. Miscarriage of justice. Sad to watch!

On one hand we know trump's campaign paid Roger Stone and was in contact with him throughout the campaign, and testimony in the trial by trump campaign staff was that he was the contact with wikileaks. On the other hand trump keeps screaming that he is not a member of the campaign.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's even better is that Stone's defense team is admitting in open court, on the record they didn't do even the most basic of jury selection investigation- they didn't google the potential juror's names/check their social medias. I DO THAT FOR EVERY SINGLE POTENTIAL JUROR ON EVERY SINGLE CASE- be it a death case or a simple car wreck, I know what they tweet, what they like, etc. It's basic, it's simple, IT'S CHEAP. It's arguably malpractice to not do it if you then contend the juror was biased but you failed to notice was right in front of your face.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
while i completely agree with that.

I just dont understand the arguments. Up until today, I thought Stone wasnt part of Mueller's investigation because Stone wasnt part of the campaign. If he was part of the campaign, why wasnt it handled by Mueller?

If he wasnt part of the campaign, it doesnt seem like a strong argument -- to argue that he was part of the campaign. If stone was part of the campaign, doesnt this mean that there were links regarding coordination with russia?
Last edited by: patentattorney: Feb 25, 20 13:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the jurors just testified that they were ready to vote guilty and the foreperson (the one Stone's team claims is horribly biased) made everyone slow down and examine the evidence a bit more.

I would say this is going poorly for Stone, but this was not about this working in court, this all about getting the pardon from trump. It is probably working for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from all of that, isnt there huge ramifications if Roger Stone was actually part of the campaign?

I thought the argument to this point was that Roger Stone wasnt working with trump (so not part of the campaign). Just doing things on his own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Aside from all of that, isnt there huge ramifications if Roger Stone was actually part of the campaign?

I thought the argument to this point was that Roger Stone wasnt working with trump (so not part of the campaign). Just doing things on his own.

I would think the big deal would be the president actively attacking a juror. You think future jurors are going to not think about this when they are jurors on a trial of a trump crony? Will they be hesitant to convict if they know the president or his cult come after them? This is really bad.

Stone was an official member of the campaign in 2015 and paid during that time, but was not part of the campaign later. But during that time was in active communication and the campaigns point person with wikileaks. This is all known and part of the trial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This just came across.

​​​​​​​BREAKING: Judge Rips Trump For Putting Stone Juror's Safety At Risk

“This is a highly publicized case, and in a highly polarized political climate in which the president himself has shown a spotlight on the jury through his Twitter platform,” said Judge Jackson, adding that “the risk of harassment and intimidation of any juror … is extremely high.”

“I shouldn’t have to explain this, but any attempts to invade the privacy of the jurors or to harass and intimidate them is completely antithetical to our process of justice,” the judge added.

"They acted with the utmost intelligence, integrity, and respect for our system of justice,” she added.

Full article: https://www.law360.com/...campaign=legalethics

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
This just came across.

​​​​​​​BREAKING: Judge Rips Trump For Putting Stone Juror's Safety At Risk

"They acted with the utmost intelligence, integrity, and respect for our system of justice,” she added.

Full article: https://www.law360.com/...campaign=legalethics

So, pretty much the opposite of trump. Seems about right. I should be numb by now, but I am consistently amazed by what an utter piece of shit he is.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
When does he get a Presidential pardon?

I got this wrong 8 months ago. Trump will commute his sentence. Likely tonight. Because "LAW AND ORDER"

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
jmh wrote:

I got this wrong 8 months ago. Trump will commute his sentence. Likely tonight. Because "LAW AND ORDER"

Stone is actually saying out loud today that he should be commuted, because he did NOT tell the truth and he protected trump.

If he commutes Stone, that should be an impeachable offense in any functioning country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
jmh wrote:
jmh wrote:

Stone is actually saying out loud today that he should be commuted, because he did NOT tell the truth and he protected trump.

If he commutes Stone, that should be an impeachable offense in any functioning country.

Well, he just commuted the sentence.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...while Vindman is punished for telling the truth.
Quote Reply
Re: Roger Stone guilty on all counts [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’re officially a banana republic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We know that Stone wanted to get in touch with wikileaks to work with the campaign.

We know that Stone had connections to get in touch with wikileaks.

We know that Stone claimed he got in contact with wikileaks.

We know that the trump campaign believed Stone was in communication.

We know Stone told the campaign that more emails were coming, before wikileaks announced more emails.

We know Stone lied about all of this.

We know both Stone and trump lied about their discussions (Stone to congress, trump to Mueller).

We don't know how much Stone told the campaign, because everyone obstructed the investigations.

We know that trump is rewarding Stone for committing a crime to protect trump.

We know trump does not believe in the rule of law.

From the Mueller report:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
We’re officially a banana republic

If the president is allowed just to commute and pardon anyone that commit crimes to protect the president, then the president can just avoid everything. People can just destroy evidence, lie, and obstruct with no concerns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s important to realize and remember that stone was found guilty of obstructing justice regarding him being a cutout for most of the dealings in the Russia - Mueller probe.

Muellers conclusions were what they were because they didn’t consider stone part of the campaign.

Trump is essentially pardoning himself.
Quote Reply

Prev Next