Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Power meter poll, where is powertap hub? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I don't have a PM (yet) but you guys have convinced me of what I'll get when I do.

PT Hub and a wheel cover. I make my own wheel cover using MonoKote film...which is very easy to do. The stuff is surprisingly durable...and easy to patch, if necessary. I ended up leaving it on my wheel year round.

Like this?

See that blob on the left chainstay? Yup, wired PT sensor.

(actually, that isn't the wired PT hub; the wired PT hub was on another wheel which I mated with a wheel cover. This wheel was a "how light a disk wheel can I make?" thing for a hilly race)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter poll, where is powertap hub? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I shifted from Powertap when they shipped me a 700C wheel as a trade in for a 650C (2013). Then they acted like they've never heard of 650C before.

Since then I've bought 4 Power2max PM's and talked 6+ friends into P2M instead of Powertap.

With service like that it's no wonder nobody's buying them.
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter poll, where is powertap hub? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. I think I used your thread as a guide, actually. it's so easy, cheap, and durable... I don't know why someone would buy one that doesn't even work as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter poll, where is powertap hub? [fat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also dont have a PT yes but if I get a power meter, it's at the top of my list. My Hammer uses powetap and I have one set of race wheels. The only downside to me is the diameter. If SRAM can make it smaller and keep it accurate/reliable/easy, then it'll likely be my first power meter.
Quote Reply

Prev Next