Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: gravel bike recommendations [morrisond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morrisond wrote:
I would Recommend the Cannondale Topstone 105 at $1,750 in the States - you should be able to get at least 10% off.

It has 105 Hydro on it with 46/30 Gearing in the front. BSA bottom Bracket (Big Plus on Gravel bikes where dirt can really screw up Press Fit), Great Tires. It should be pretty low Maintenance. 105 works just as well as Ultegra and Dura Ace

It's Aluminum so still quite light (no more than 100-200 grams heavier than good Carbon Gravel Frames), will take impacts well.

Lots of mounts on it for racing/bikepacking.

I have put two friends on them and they both love them.

https://www.cannondale.com/...p;parentid=undefined

I have the Topstone 1 Alloy, love it. Solid bike and serves me well as a secondary bike, I picked up a set of 28's on a separate rims for 250 bucks and swap them out when I want to stick to the road. Some components could be better by for 2 grand a couple years ago its a great bike.
Quote Reply
Re: gravel bike recommendations [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Giant Advanced Revolt 2 and love it. Thought for the quality and groupset was best value when I was looking last year. That said nothing is right value if the fit isn't right.....

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: gravel bike recommendations [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you use the road bike for? If you do not race it and is for training, the gravel answer lies in “what kind of gravel”. East coast gravel ditch the roadie and get a 650b capable cross bike with 12spd axs. If west coast gravel, then use the existing mtb.
Quote Reply
Re: gravel bike recommendations [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An aluminum gravel bike with GRX is the way to go. The Canyon Grail 7 is $2K and hard to argue with. The Trek Checkpoint ALR 5 is ~$500 more, similarly speced and will get you LBS support.
Quote Reply
Re: gravel bike recommendations [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Fuji Jari that I absolutely love it rides amazingly well.
If there are any Fuji dealers in your area I would definitely suggest test riding one.

Also the Jamis Renegade is supposed to be really good.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: gravel bike recommendations [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought Tommaso Sentiero a few week ago. I love this bike I use it everyday it is great because it won't slip on anything! Easiest bike I have owned to ride on a beach. The bike is not a speedster but speed is not what it is designed for. However, these bikes are very durable and was easy to assemble out of the box. I did change the seat to a more comfortable one. Overall, a great bike and fun to ride.
Last edited by: Tohmden: Jan 24, 23 4:21
Quote Reply

Prev Next