Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
32.7km in 2:03:36

Last 2km he covered in 9 mins; 4:30/km; 7:15 min/mi pace.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
32.7km in 2:03:36

Last 2km he covered in 9 mins; 4:30/km; 7:15 min/mi pace.

Seems to be smashing a hot race. Who'd have thought.

11 minute lead at 37k removes the need to run sub 4:00/km for the win, at least.

Well done to him.
Last edited by: bluefever: Nov 30, 19 21:54
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7:45:21

2:43:40 run

(tracker splits)

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
46:30 swim, 4:10:33 bike, 2:43:40 run seems like a pretty badass finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats impressive, whos record did he break?
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Thats impressive, whos record did he break?

Terenzo I believe
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a 2:31 T1 / 2:10 T2. Amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
16.9km 1hr1min; just under 5:50/mile. Running just shy of 2:33 marathon pace.....

Looks like he cranked out a Frodo approved 2:43 run and is set for the Tokyo + Kona double. Solid day and that 2:43 must be a solid confidence boost (I know its Western Oz and its a fast course, but 7:46 probably still translates to an 8:0x in Kona if he can pull it all together).
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
16.9km 1hr1min; just under 5:50/mile. Running just shy of 2:33 marathon pace.....

Looks like he cranked out a Frodo approved 2:43 run and is set for the Tokyo + Kona double. Solid day and that 2:43 must be a solid confidence boost (I know its Western Oz and its a fast course, but 7:46 probably still translates to an 8:0x in Kona if he can pull it all together).

All in the heat, where he can't race.

He had a 10min+ lead in that marathon, I doubt it was anywhere near all out.

From what I've seen on Social media, in his finish line interview he said his only aim was to race and not blow up and the fast time was just a bonus.

He's learnt pretty well it seems.

Looking forward to 2020.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could end up undoing the levels he's got himself to now by training and racing exclusively Oly distance for the majority of 2020 though!
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

agreed, though even on a 'fast course' he still broke the course record and did so on what was apparently not a super-fast day. plus it sounds like he was all alone for a long time.

i'd say this could augur well for his 2020, especially if he's able to use this as his 'easy ticket,' and build a nice training block for the rest of the year.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running a 2:43 with a 10 minute lead is a strong statement.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the statement is, "i am good at sports."

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

All in the heat, where he can't race.

Definitely a good solid result and he may well have been able to go a good bit faster but if you look at yesterday's weather it wasn't really Kona like conditions. It's pretty easy to shed heat if the dew points are in the 40s and you drink enough not so much if the dew points are in the high 60s or low seventies like that always are in Kona.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the tracker is to believe, he was running pretty hard at sub 2:33 marathon pace for almost 19 miles. There's gamesmanship with all those guys in post race interviews. I mean it was a 2:43 even if he faded....that's fast it wasn't like he was jogging to a 2:43.

It was funny listening to a Macca interview a few weeks back, he talked about talking to AB and the whole ITU/IM double, etc. AB thought he could do it, Macca doesnt think you can do both well in such a short period. Macca equated it:

-not many people can go out and run the speed AB did in ITU even in a training day.

-but lots of people can run the *easier* pace of *only a 2:45 marathon in training paces.....the kicker is that you have to do it after the whole S + B and add in the key of nutrition/pacing.

He basically said that AB was untouchable in ITU but that it's more putting it all together in IM that counts. It's not just running *fast*; it's running for a LONG LONG time at a fairly *comfortable* pace that is the ticket to winning Kona.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Brownlee for Ironman Western Australia [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
How many Kona slots are available.

2 spots
Quote Reply

Prev Next