Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Criminal assault on the football field? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not in my opinion. If walk down the hall here at work, get in a scuffle with black co-worker and I drop the N-bomb, it won't lessen his punishment, in fact it would increase my own.

"If" Rudolph said what Garrett is accusing him of saying, it doesn't mitigate Garrett's actions, but it does make them understandable.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
//
If we go with the premise that Rudolph did say what he's accused of saying, should that lessen Garrett's suspension?
//

I think it should not affect Garrett's suspension but should cause a strong punishment for Rudolph.
Quote Reply
Re: Criminal assault on the football field? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
//
If we go with the premise that Rudolph did say what he's accused of saying, should that lessen Garrett's suspension?
//

I think it should not affect Garrett's suspension but should cause a strong punishment for Rudolph.

Agreed and will have to do a little searching to see if there's has been previous cases of suspension by the NFL for racial slurs. I can't think of one off the top of my head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't Incognito cross that line in Miami?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:

Nope. Sticks and stones and all that. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Criminal assault on the football field? [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right Incognito did get suspended and/or cut for that. I don't think the Browns will cut Garrett though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NFL issues statement that they found no evidence to support Garrett’s claim.

https://www.espn.com/...l-slur-myles-garrett

There were no details provided as to what NFL did to investigate.

You would have thought the NFL had learned from previous mistakes and they would detail what they did to determine there was no evidence. Did they listen to audio? Did they interview players and officials?
Last edited by: davec: Nov 21, 19 13:36
Quote Reply
Re: Criminal assault on the football field? [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I predict the rematch in a couple weeks is going to be ugly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

You would have thought the NFL had learned from previous mistakes and they would detail what they did to determine there was no evidence. Did they listen to audio? Did they interview players and officials?

They did interview officials. The officials stated that Rudolph did do it, but the NFL front office knew that the officials got this wrong too and overturned the call.
Quote Reply
Re: Criminal assault on the football field? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just replying to you bc you mentioned the bear hug.

Im not excusing Garrett's actions with the helmet. But when watching the video from the snap, it looks like Garrett didnt even notice Rudolph got the flick/pass off. The tackle doesnt seem excessive to me. Looks like he thought Rudolph still had the ball and was just wrapping him up for the sack.

The pass came off quick and it was with his arm by his side. I could see how Rudolph thought it was excessive and then turned into a little bitch about it. Deal with it, man.

I think Rudolph escalated the whole situation snd deserves a punishment as well. Just my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Yeah, but I did find a photo or two of the investigation.

Quote Reply
Re: Criminal assault on the football field? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This is interesting...

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers guard David DeCastro said he hasn't received an explanation from the NFL for a fine he incurred in the loss to the Cleveland Browns two weeks ago.

He believes, though, that he was fined for being a "peacemaker" in the brawl between the players.

Although he wasn't listed in the initial list of fines from the end-of-game melee, DeCastro revealed he was fined more than $14,000.

DeCastro was involved in the fight, separating quarterback Mason Rudolph and defensive end Myles Garrett and lying on Garrett to deescalate the situation.

"I can't wait to hear the explanation for trying to break up a fight," he said Wednesday. "But I guess it's some dumb rule in the NFL where you can't be a peacemaker."

Offensive lineman Ramon Foster was also fined, levied a $3,507 penalty for entering the fighting area.

"They sent me the letter and it basically says 'You cannot contest it,'" Foster said. "Which is pretty insane to me. I was on the field around. I didn't even do anything. Really didn't do anything.

"The letter basically says you can't walk toward a fight. Being a peacemaker is no excuse. Across the board it basically covered it. I'll probably still appeal it, but that $3,507 is gone. It's going to be a short Christmas."

Also, if Mr. Foster's fine is affecting his Christmas budget, I'd suggest he get with a financial planner, sooner than later. Dude signed for $10M+ three years ago.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Criminal assault on the football field? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every player who was already on the field because they were playing got fined.
Quote Reply

Prev Next