Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Just suppose the House votes to impeach and the Senate votes to remove, what's next? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
ACE wrote:
Another question that came up is after the house votes on party lines to impeach him, and assuming they don't get a single Repub vote, what happens if McConnell decides to not even take it up in the Senate?

If McConell ignores it, doesnt' have a trial, doesn't have a vote, just gives it the Heisman is there anything the Dems can do?

Not sure there is any redress, but the electorate may not like it come Nov.

that's what I figured. Who knows what the electorate will do. It helps the repubs if the vote in the house is on Party lines. Dems will says its terrible, Repubs will say impeachment was as joke.

A lot of people won't care and it won't effect their vote either way. I figure Clinton would have gotten re-elected even after impeachment if he could have.
Quote Reply
Re: Just suppose the House votes to impeach and the Senate votes to remove, what's next? [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ACE wrote:
Another question that came up is after the house votes on party lines to impeach him, and assuming they don't get a single Repub vote, what happens if McConnell decides to not even take it up in the Senate?

If McConell ignores it, doesnt' have a trial, doesn't have a vote, just gives it the Heisman is there anything the Dems can do?

that's what I figured. Who knows what the electorate will do. It helps the repubs if the vote in the house is on Party lines. Dems will says its terrible, Repubs will say impeachment was as joke.

A lot of people won't care and it won't effect their vote either way. I figure Clinton would have gotten re-elected even after impeachment if he could have.

I voted for Clinton. I wrote my Rep and Senators and supported impeachment. I would NOT have voted for Clinton after he committed perjury. I would not have voted for my Senators if they had failed to hold the trial in the senate.
Quote Reply
Re: Just suppose the House votes to impeach and the Senate votes to remove, what's next? [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
ACE wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ACE wrote:

I voted for Clinton. I wrote my Rep and Senators and supported impeachment. I would NOT have voted for Clinton after he committed perjury. I would not have voted for my Senators if they had failed to hold the trial in the senate.

I get that and surely there would be some like you, but I tend to think most people aren't as knowledgeable about politics as those posting on a triathlon forum in the politics threads. Meaning it's all a bunch of noise and not changing many votes. Particulary, as I keep saying, if it falls directly on party lines.

At the time the economy was great, Clinton was a Rockstar and not many people really cared about a BJ with an intern.
Quote Reply
Re: Just suppose the House votes to impeach and the Senate votes to remove, what's next? [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely, Congress votes along party lines with the only bipartisanship in opposition. Senate holds trial, and again only bipartisanship is in the opposition.

Does anyone here really think that all Republicans in congress hold together in opposition, and then there are a bunch in the Senate that would flip? Talk about political suicide. But there are Dems in red states that have already shown they will oppose impeachment to save their job. I do believe that will continue. That is why Pelosi was apprehensive to go this way to begin with.
Quote Reply

Prev Next