Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Open concept bathroom [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another friend was moving a factories production to china

Anyway, he got the shits, so he's at work, needs to go and they point him through a door and outside are two circles of holes and there two guys at one circle ans he needs to go, but doesn't want to chat so squats at the other circle

The factory bell goes for break, all these women pour out of the factory and drop trousers at his circle.........

He's never got over it
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nay. a bathroom needs a door and a fan. no one wants the smell of a fresh deuce wafting into the kitchen area just before dinner...

that's the main reason for me. I have young kids, I haven't been able to take a dump in private in years...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Nov 14, 19 8:31
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
nay. a bathroom needs a door and a fan. no one wants the smell of a fresh deuce wafting into the kitchen area just before dinner...

Speak for yourself

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once traveled downstate to do a relay race with a group of friends and we all stayed at the same hotel - can't remember the name, but it was a fairly well-known chain - Days Inn or something of the sort. In all of the rooms, the bathroom was walled off from the rest of the area and had a door, but on the wall facing into the room there was a large octagonal opening. No curtain or shade, and it was at a height such that if you were sitting on the toilet, your head remained completely visible to the rest of the room. We couldn't figure out why anyone would think that's a good idea - maybe someone who liked watching TV to the point that they couldn't bear to miss a couple minutes while they took care of business?

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

that's the main reason for me. I have young kids, I haven't been able to take a dump in private in years...

At least a couple times a week I'm in the bathroom and this exchange happens:

"DAD!!" [Insistent pounding on the bathroom door]

"Wimsey jr, I'm using the bathroom, I'll be right out."

[pause] "Pee or poop? Do you need any help?"
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for several years, my national guard unit's annual training for 2 weeks would be held at this under funded airfield in northern michigan. the shitters faced the sinks, not the trough. so, hypothetically, one could take a dump or morning constitutional, while talking to another soldier shaving. good times. fortunately there was a single bathroom inside the hangar. just a longer walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Between my toddler and my dog, the bathroom is no longer the calm sanctuary it once was.

(Daughter at top of her lungs)
"DADDA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Then I'll see my dogs paws appear under the door and hear her gentle whimpering. Followed by my gentle whimpering inside the bathroom as I wish I could just get 5 seconds alone to pinch one off once in a God damn while. :-)

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO!

Also, I can’t tell for sure, but there doesn’t appear to be glass surrounding the shower. I imagine a slippery mess that would be a hazard to anybody.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brilliant! My eyes are watering from trying not to laugh hysterically at work.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, gay Paris in the springtime...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

So what’s your answer?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Sounds to me like you need to eliminate that pesky door.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
wimsey wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Sounds to me like you need to eliminate that pesky door.

I need to beef it up so that I can beat a hasty retreat and take more secure refuge. I'm think something like this, except instead of blaster shots I'm narrowly escaping a constant barrage of questions/instructions/complaints from the wife/kid/dog:

Last edited by: wimsey: Nov 14, 19 10:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three enthusiastic cheers to never having to see one's beloved proving in graphic detail that really we're all just animals. And I'll admit it, I don't want anyone else around when it's time to hit a double. Just some alone time to do what's necessary.

Couple years ago I was out west for an ultra at a state park. Something-something + logistical problem = no kybos, so the only latrine facilities were the permanent ones at the park. Now, this bathroom wasn't the worst I've seen at a state park, but essentially: a 15 sq ft cement room with one throne, one urinal and a sink with... zero dividers/walls/stalls. You know, like a prison cell.

What you had, then, was a long line of dudes needing to drop some friends off at the pool, and the queue started inside the room. So basically a nightmare scenario for those with any anxiety in this area in which:

- at least 5-7 people are facing your way while you drop 'em and start to befoul the earth; and
- everyone in line wants you to hurry the fuck up, pal.

Really a pleasure.
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
chriskal wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
chriskal wrote:
Love it. I could make eye contact with my family while dropping a deuce.

Ever had a dog dropping a deuce stare you down? It’s kind of intimidating. Some of them do that “LOOK AT ME DAMNIT” intense stare lol

My dog does it all the time and it cracks me up, which is what gave me the idea. I think my family is getting a little to complacent around here. This would shake things up a bit and keep them on their toes around me.

There's a reason dogs do that, supposedly rooted in their ancient pack instincts. They know they're vulnerable while squeezing one out and look to other pack members (i.e. you) for cues regarding any danger that may be approaching. Ever since I read this tidbit I've wanted to test it out on my dogs by running away or jumping or something to freak them out, but I'm afraid it'll traumatise them into shitting in the house or something.

Interesting. Might also account for why my dog likes to guard the bathroom door when I’m using the facilities.
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [SBR0510] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBR0510 wrote:
Three enthusiastic cheers to never having to see one's beloved proving in graphic detail that really we're all just animals. And I'll admit it, I don't want anyone else around when it's time to hit a double. Just some alone time to do what's necessary.

Couple years ago I was out west for an ultra at a state park. Something-something + logistical problem = no kybos, so the only latrine facilities were the permanent ones at the park. Now, this bathroom wasn't the worst I've seen at a state park, but essentially: a 15 sq ft cement room with one throne, one urinal and a sink with... zero dividers/walls/stalls. You know, like a prison cell.

What you had, then, was a long line of dudes needing to drop some friends off at the pool, and the queue started inside the room. So basically a nightmare scenario for those with any anxiety in this area in which:

- at least 5-7 people are facing your way while you drop 'em and start to befoul the earth; and
- everyone in line wants you to hurry the fuck up, pal.

Really a pleasure.

What? Who's idea was it to start the line... *inside* the bathroom?? Someone actually made that call. Who does that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Ahhh, gay Paris in the springtime...
They had a version of these at a race in Switzerland. Imagine four of them in a circle, so you could stare into the eyes of the person across from you, if you wished. Also, they were classified as unisex, though I never saw any women saddling up to make use. I'm not entirely sure how that would have been accomplished...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay-ish. I'm not cool with the no glass between the shower and the hallway but otherwise, it's a nice concept. Mrs. OCTri and i have been married 15 years, lived together for 3 before that. I've seen her at her most vulnerable moments and her mine- probably at least once a day. Nothing to hide. and I agree with Trevor Noah's take on shitting.

We're currently considering remodeling our bathroom and taking out the sheetrock/tile wall between the shower enclosure and the shitter and installing glass. Make the room bigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Open concept bathroom [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
https://medium.com/@JohnLeFevre/the-roadshow-aka-the-worst-private-plane-trip-of-all-time-3eb88ab42b18

A great story.......

best thing I've read this year! Something very similar happened to me at a charity golf tournament week before last. I learned you NEVER eat the sauerkraut hot dog at the turn. Ever.
Quote Reply

Prev Next