Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Illinois doing something right
Quote | Reply
If a Presidential candidate would make this one of their defining platform issues they would sweep the electoral college.

Quote:
A bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent in Illinois may be one step closer to becoming a reality.
The Illinois Senate approved a bill Tuesday that would make Daylight Saving Time permanent, beginning with when Illinoisans set their clocks forward again on the second Sunday of March 2020 and eliminating the switch to Daylight Standard Time in Fall.

https://abc7chicago.com/...ds-to-house/5693167/

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Illinois doing something right [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonah Ryan 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Illinois doing something right [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kap/Trubisky 2019
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great idea! That won't cause any issues for the FIBs who live in shit-land and come up to God's County for work!

Ho-ly shit ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Illinois doing something right [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do realize that there are several states with multiple time zones (14 of them) and some states that don’t observe daylight savings time in parts of the state (AZ)? Plenty of people work and live in two different time zones as well.

If they residents of those states can figure it out in those situations, then I’m sure that those folks from Illinois who invade your state for employment could also handle it.

But if they can’t, wouldn’t that be a good thing when they get fired and have to return to Illinois to find work? Certainly, you can see some upside in that.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
If a Presidential candidate would make this one of their defining platform issues they would sweep the electoral college.

Quote:
A bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent in Illinois may be one step closer to becoming a reality.
The Illinois Senate approved a bill Tuesday that would make Daylight Saving Time permanent, beginning with when Illinoisans set their clocks forward again on the second Sunday of March 2020 and eliminating the switch to Daylight Standard Time in Fall.

Right. Because that is the most dominant issue in the upcoming election. SMDH.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA lives in a world where nothing can ever get better, ever.

jmh wrote:
You do realize that there are several states with multiple time zones (14 of them) and some states that don’t observe daylight savings time in parts of the state (AZ)? Plenty of people work and live in two different time zones as well.

If they residents of those states can figure it out in those situations, then I’m sure that those folks from Illinois who invade your state for employment could also handle it.

But if they can’t, wouldn’t that be a good thing when they get fired and have to return to Illinois to find work? Certainly, you can see some upside in that.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Illinois doing something right [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
jmh wrote:

Quote:

Right. Because that is the most dominant issue in the upcoming election. SMDH.

Of course it’s not, perhaps you took that first sentence way too literally. I shake my head at things I misinterpret here frequently. Some times it is hard to tell what is literal and what is bad humor. So in the sense of confusing bad humor, I’m going to double down.

I don’t know about you, but I hear people from all parts of this country and from every persuasion bitch about the time change every fall. So in these highly partisan times, it might be one issue that folks from both sides of the aisle could agree upon. Would it actually win? No way. But would it get people’s attention? Maybe. Even some liberals and Never Trumpers might acknowledge in a positive way the current President if he got this done before the spring.

Hell, I bet even JSA would like the idea if the story wasn’t about Illinois.

Do I need to put some parts of that in pink?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Uh. Yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Illinois doing something right [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
jmh wrote:

Uh. Yes.

We live in a time that hyperbole (and bad attempts at humor) can be misinterpreted as literal.

I blame Trump. And the liberal snowflakes. And the Trump ballwasher snowflakes. And humorless people. And Hillary. And for good measure, Obama. And Epstein didn't kill himself.

Do I need to put some of that in pink as well for you too?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply