Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PowerBar is BACK! [tfed0318] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfed0318 wrote:
I'm representing PowerBar. Hoping to clear up confusion.

I tried the new powerbar gel. I was excited to find it at an expo last weekend and ready to come back to the fold ... until I tried it. I will stick w Gu gel. Please don't fuxk up the origjnal chocolate Powerbar too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tfed0318 wrote:
Sorry for the confusion but PowerBar is BACK!

The NEW and IMPROVED assortment is non-gmo, and many items are vegan and gluten free along with having all natural flavors and no preservatives.
New Energize Bars will be available in the spring.

Have you looked into developing an energy bar that works for athletes who are FODMAP intolerant? As a sufferer, I have not found anything that works, and have resorted to developing my own rice cake and flapjack recipes. While this works, a longer lasting product that I can simply buy – instead of devoting time and effort to making – would not go amiss sometimes.

Duncan
Quote Reply
Re: PowerBar is BACK! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
tfed0318 wrote:
I'm representing PowerBar. Hoping to clear up confusion.

Please don't fuxk up the origjnal chocolate Powerbar too.

Please see above, been using chocolate power bars since early 90s. They are my race day breakfast...I have 4 left...please hurry...
Quote Reply
Re: PowerBar is BACK! [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
I'm looking forward to the relaunch. PB gels were my go to for training and racing, but I've been forced to adapt for the last couple of years. I have some of the 'new' PB gels from The Feed, but have not tried one yet. Also the new PB chews...or whatever they are called now...I've got some of those, too, from The Feed. Gotta try those out soon... I used the PB for long rides all the time and hoping to resume that next season...

I too am looking forward to going back to them. I used the Strawberry/Banana gels. One thing I noticed is it doesn't mention caffine.... Hmmm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What flavor PB gel did you try and what was disappointing about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vanilla and Strawberry. Blander than the original formulation and thinner. Powerbar gels were always thinner, but this was more so and makes you wonder why they even bothered with an isotonic version. Maybe they just want to cash in on what SIS did. Note ... I tried SIS ... don't like them and don't need them. They do serve water at aid stations.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using these things was a rite of passage. On hot days, any Powerbar left on the frame in T2 would turn into a cross between vomit & evostick. 'happy' days! :-)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Powerbars! Well really, I love flat, perfectly bento sized foods. What flat foods can I use now?

Jorgan wrote:
Using these things was a rite of passage. On hot days, any Powerbar left on the frame in T2 would turn into a cross between vomit & evostick. 'happy' days! :-)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for coming back to PowerBar! I think you will enjoy the newly formulated products.
Quote Reply
Re: PowerBar is BACK! [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PowerGel Original - Green Apple (50mg caffeine)
PowerGel Hydro - Mojito (50mg caffeine)
Shots (chews) - Cola (75mg caffeine)
Quote Reply
Re: PowerBar is BACK! [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right now, I am unaware of any products in development for athletes who are FODMAP intolerant. I have forwarded your request to our product development team.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [BigDig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigDig wrote:

So you get the picture. That said, I am trying to upgrade so I asked the question: What do you replace the PowerBars with?

I moved to JoJe bars about 3 years ago. Never looked back.

https://jojebar.com/
Last edited by: Mugen_EP: Nov 18, 19 15:18
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can I get the TL:DR on this thread? I love the wildberry ones... wildberry powerbar + blue gatorade = HS lunch, 15 years ago

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TL;DR

tfed0318 wrote:

The NEW and IMPROVED assortment is non-gmo, and many items are vegan and gluten free along with having all natural flavors and no preservatives.
PowerGel Original replaces the old PowerGel.
New PowerGel Hydro is a liquid gel that you don’t have to chase with water, like you do with traditional gels.
PowerGel Shots are identical to the old Blasts (chews).
IsoActive is a powdered pre/during isotonic drink.
RecoveryMax is a powdered recovery drink.

New Energize Bars will be available in the spring.

Follow us on Instagram: @powerbarsport

Please feel free to email questions.

Tom
powerbar@pivot-nutrition.com

PowerGel Original has a couple of negative reviews here HuffNPuff says 'blander and thinner' than old formulation
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

... except for the actual bars :-(

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting closer to spring...
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah, I had missed that in your post. I look forward to them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I have my own report on the new Powergels. I was a big fan of the old formula - good taste, just the right thickness, worked well. I was excited to see the return of these to the marketplace and bought one of each of the new flavors. I've tried the tropical and vanilla. These, to me, are too sweet and too loose (although they seem to work well from a nutrition POV). Some packaging feedback... The new packaging *looks* good, but it is about as long as the SiS gels and twice as wide. The gel packs are practically empty before you open them and difficult to get the gel completely out. They have adopted the 'litter leash' to retain the top of the packaging that you rip off - very similar to the Clif gels - a good thing. But in both cases for me, the rip is clean and where indicated, but the package is incompletely opened. It seems as if the rip is at an angle and part of the opening is not...uh...opened. This would be less possible if the the packaging were more narrow. There is also a seam along one long edge that interferes with getting all of the gel out of the packaging. The package should be 1/2 the volume to ease consumption on the bike.

Still, these are better than SiS because those are the nastiest tasting gels I've tried and the texture is weird, almost lumpy. I've been using Hammer gels during races since the Powergels have been unavailable. They're fine, but a little too thick for rapid consumption and, depending on the flavor, I need quite a bit of water to get those down. I'll try the other Powergel flavors and likely choose the least nasty for racing b/c I think that the thinness of the texture trumps everything. If I only get 75% of the gel out of the package, I'll just eat a bit more frequently. Most of my racing is at sprint distances, so we're talking one extra gel, probably - no big deal in the grand scheme of things. But, still, the folks at Powergel should be asking about these practical concerns before they finalize on a subpar packaging design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I don't know why they ruined a good thing. I loved the consistency of their gels and these new packages look too big and the flavor options don't seem great. I was a big fan of the basic PowerBar bars - easy to stick half a bar here or there, and easy to digest (at least for me). Seems somewhat odd they have 'bar' in their name but don't offer any.

Guess I'll go to more Cliff Blocks for nutrition.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

bike24.de and bike-components.de have them, I just ordered from the former.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbars---Discontinued? [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short update... I'm doing the Tour of Sufferlandria and burning through my nutritional stocks. Recently I've used the Powergel Shots (chews). The raspberry and cola flavors are fine. The packaging is new, but the chews seem to be the same as ever. I also tried the 'salty peanut' gel. It's still pretty sweet, but the best of the new flavors that I've tried. Still, the packaging is too large. I can hardly get all the gel out between intervals on the trainer - I can't imagine how difficult it would be at speed on the bike during a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tfed0318 wrote:
Sorry no Peanut Butter initially. First production is Chocolate, Cookies and Cream and Berry.

I purchased a box of PowerBar Energize Original online to use in a trail marathon last weekend. They tasted similar to the original PowerBar and I had no issues digesting them. Looking forward to using them again in a trail ultra later this year. Best wishes with the revival and I hope to see them back in my grocery store down the road!
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Apr 28, 21 11:54
Quote Reply

Prev Next