Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alpharetta GA - Friend/Training Partner Wanted
Quote | Reply
Hi All -
I recently moved to Alpharetta, GA from NYC and am looking for some like minded people with the same hobbies. I am 35M and have found it a little difficult to find people in the same age bracket that ride/run etc. Hoping to meet someone who wants to get out on weekend rides.

Best

Jude
Quote Reply
Re: Alpharetta GA - Friend/Training Partner Wanted [jfk1117] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Join this group Triathlon Training Season - Atlanta on FB.

Go to All3sports in Roswell.
Go to Podium in Atlanta.

My buddy Dru Satori has a weekly group ride in Alpharetta.

Tons of people to train with in Atlanta.

I'm in Smyra (west side) next to the comet, but there's some good riding in Alpharetta and some not so good riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If not too far, Columns Dr, used to be a Mecca for triathletes to bike/run. Many in your general age group. Been a while since I trained there, but great place, if traffic still reasonable, to time trial (5 mile loop) and follow with 5k run on dirt/gravel or back out on road.

In addition, Sports Factory https://sportfactoryproshop.com/, May point you in right direction.
Last edited by: tyrod1: Nov 12, 19 4:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on The Sports Factory - Matt's a great fitter and can definitely get you hooked into the local scene

All3Sports is also another Atlanta staple for tri
Quote Reply
Re: Alpharetta GA - Friend/Training Partner Wanted [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Join the Atlanta tri club and go swim with them at Mercer

Also, sorry about the whole Atlanta thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you enjoy group rides, most are listed on Sadlebred. And there is a smaller listing for winter.

There used to be a good Sunday ride out of Alpharetta, but I do not see it listed now. Unsure why.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://rootsrated.com/...d-plant-ride-cycling

Lots of groups meet to do this ride too.
Quote Reply
Re: Alpharetta GA - Friend/Training Partner Wanted [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
https://rootsrated.com/...d-plant-ride-cycling

Lots of groups meet to do this ride too.

I do most of my rides solo from the Bud Plant and occasionally some solo or road group from Sosebee Bike Park just a few miles away from the plant. It may take a while to get to from Alpharetta though so maybe not a great drive for the OP. But still if interested in finding a group I do see several triathlon clubs that start from either the Bud Plant or Sosebee. This past weekend even with chilly weather I saw about 10 from ITL starting from Sosebee. A couple of links.

ITL

ATC and Locations Page
Quote Reply
Re: Alpharetta GA - Friend/Training Partner Wanted [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really appreciate everyone's replies and suggestions. Going to take all of that info and run with it. Stay warm out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the spring a lot of people will be up in the Gaps. If you come to some of the Wednesday night road rides at Atlanta Cycling Duluth it will be easy to find folks to jump in with. That ride is strictly no aerobars though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jfk1117 wrote:
Hi All -
I recently moved to Alpharetta, GA from NYC and am looking for some like minded people with the same hobbies. I am 35M and have found it a little difficult to find people in the same age bracket that ride/run etc. Hoping to meet someone who wants to get out on weekend rides.

Best

Jude

Did the WC Duathlon in 2002 in Alpharetta. All I remember is friendly people, generic America. Big houses and big shops. However, 45 mins ride out and it was much more hick like. Got chased by a dog what should of been sleeping on a porch!
Quote Reply