Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Slowtwitch Member Was This At My Local Marathon?
Quote | Reply
When Ironman athletes run a marthon only...

https://twitter.com/.../1193523060248317954

Last edited by: Shambolic: Nov 10, 19 17:19
Quote Reply
Re: Which Slowtwitch Member Was This At My Local Marathon? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahahaha
Quote Reply
Re: Which Slowtwitch Member Was This At My Local Marathon? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, my fellow Greeks making me proud again ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah, if he were a triathlete he would have spent $40-50 on some fancy fuel belt and designer race shorts. Or he would have at least bought some longer socks to tuck in his nutrition for aero. He would also care too much about what others think. This guy clearly doesn't give a f$ck.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Slowtwitch Member Was This At My Local Marathon? [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Mdot tattoo either...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of a story. I know a guy who started running longer races in his early 20's, but he regularly had leg cramps late in races. His uncle, an accomplished marathoner, recommended gels like Gu, Powergel, etc., instead of just relying on water.

The young guy finishes his next race after cramping up, tells his uncle the gels didn't work, and the uncle asks whether the young guy crapped his pants, because there was brown stuff all over his legs.

It turns out the kid's legs started to cramp late in the race, so he tore open the chocolate gels he was carrying ... and smeared them all over his legs.

True story. The kid's an accomplished runner now in his mid-30's, but he'll never outrun that story.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
When Ironman athletes run a marthon only...

https://twitter.com/.../1193523060248317954

No way he was an Ironman with those hairy legs.
Quote Reply