Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cheapest way to go Di2 ( 1X setup) ?
Quote | Reply
HI guys,

Looking at cheap 11S options to maybe jump and go Di2 on the TT setup.
I would go 1X, so what do I have to buy ?
- right Di2 shifter
- rear derailleur
- battery and charger
- all wires

Is that all ? I know the brake with the shift buttons would be nice for the start, switchback turns and all but it's also pricey.

Can we buy shifters or brakes as single units ?

Thanks for the heads up !

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cheapest way to go Di2 ( 1X setup) ? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
louisn wrote:
HI guys,

Looking at cheap 11S options to maybe jump and go Di2 on the TT setup.
I would go 1X, so what do I have to buy ?
- right Di2 shifter
- rear derailleur
- battery and charger
- all wires

Is that all ? I know the brake with the shift buttons would be nice for the start, switchback turns and all but it's also pricey.

Can we buy shifters or brakes as single units ?

Thanks for the heads up !

Louis :-)

I’d suggest looking at the single button extension shifters with one programmed for shifting up and one for shifting down. This will keep your hand position symmetrical.

If cheap is paramount you can buy single shifters. Universal Cycles is a good option.

You will also need to select a Junction A and depending on what Junction A you pick a Junction B may be needed. Junction A’s come in 2, 3 and 5 port varieties and provide an internal battery charging port and system control. Junction B’s are “dumb” and simply connect multiple wires. You need to connect the battery and derailleur to the shifter(s). Each connection needs a Junction port. If u put battery in seattube or downturn a Junction b might help, but you could also just run extra long wires from the Junction A if ports are available.
Quote Reply