Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3 vs. Softride Rocket TT
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a link or remember what site compared the TT and the P3?

I have a TT and just ordered a P3, I will be conducting my own test using my power meter, hrm, same wheels and same bike setup. Doing a local TT course with rolling hills. Hopefully during the same conditions although the power meter should keep things even.

I rode a friends P3 and it just seemed effortlessly fast, like I got on with my running shoes on and was riding 24mph just like that. It seemed very comfortable as well.

If anyone has any info: on the site that did the test it would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any input as to conducting the test it would also be greatly appreciated.

Clint
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 vs. Softride Rocket TT [rocket Racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be interested to see your test results and hear your feedback. This is a reasonable and doable comparison since the two bikes actually can be set up identically position-wise. You have completely disarmed me of my "You can't compare the bikes only the fit" argument. You will be able to compare these two and an interesting comparison it will be. Havig said all that, both bikes are cool. I own a Rocket TT and have a P3 on order (along with a Yaqui Carbo and a Cannondale Saeco Team Replica). It's good to own a bike shop.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 vs. Softride Rocket TT [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, if bikes were women, you'd be the envy of us all!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 vs. Softride Rocket TT [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have given thanks to God every day these past three months that bikes are not women. That would be a horror.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marcel, thanks for the link.

Tom, I hope I can get it right. The only thing I'm concerned about is Beam Deflection. Although that should be part of the test even if it does tend to make me better on one bike than the other. I'm also very concerned about comfort.

I'm actually getting two P3's... I got a 57cm as a leftover 01 in the yellow (which I think looks better). But since I think I will need a 55cm I ordered it to, it is the silver 02. The one that doesn't work will have to go. I'm 5'10 and have a 32" inseam and my rocket is a Med, which seams a little small. I have it's brother (the R1) as my road race bike in a large which seems to fit a little better but then again it does not have aerobars..... I'll let you know what I come up with.

Clint
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'm 5'10 and have a 32" inseam

Clint,

FYI - I am 5' 101/2" w/ a 32" inseam. My P3 is 54 which I beleive fits me great! I think the top tube on the 55 is .5cm longer, which is pretty close, so you should be fine.

Can't wait to hear your test results. I had a Power V when they 1st came out. I really liked the bike, and I really like the P3 too.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 vs. Softride Rocket TT [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'10" 32" inseam and my P3 is a 54. It fits great!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Moneybags, since you're stocking up on P3s, do you want to pick up a 58, give it a test drive then send it my way? ;)

You never know unless you ask...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would but......Well the card is almost maxed.

Seriously though, you start to get some smokin deals when you buy two of these puppies. Plus one is a leftover....
Quote Reply