Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding in Palm Springs CA, help!!
Quote | Reply
I am off to Palm Springs for a weekend towards the end of March. Does anyone know of a good place to rent a road bike out there? How is the riding? What should the weather be like?

Thanks for the help,

Ed
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Palm Springs CA, help!! [ecb304] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be moving to the Palm Springs area at the end of this month (February).

To rent a bike, the guy to contact is the Bike Man (shop name) in Palm Desert. Kevin Brown is the owner and he can be reached at (760) 341-5022. I don't think he has a website, but I can send you his e-mail if you ping me back channel.

Lots of open places to ride out there. I like to get out and ride along Dillon Road. It runs parallel to the interstate, a couple of miles north of the interstate. Nice rolling hills, decent, but not great road surface. Go early, by mid day the winds are picking up. Dillon Road is about 35 miles long one way and you can easily do a loop on it and cut back down from the middle. If you don't mind getting in the car and driving 40 minutes, you can go to Borrego Springs and climb up the 12 mile long climb on Montezuma. Awesome climb as you are zig zagging up the side of a mountain, looking out over the desert on your left the whole way. On a clear day you can see forever. There is a great 50 mile loop that I like to do that starts with that climb.

For weather, its starting to warm up in March, expect an average high around 80 degrees and an average low around 50.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Riding in Palm Springs CA, help!! [ecb304] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just moved from there after living there for 3 years. That time of the year the mornings are cool but it can warm up quick. Make sure you start early because you get some pretty crazy drivers out there. Mike gave good advice on the wind. The roads are ruff but Dillon is the best place to ride. There is also a bike group that rides during the week and on Saturdays. They have a few folks who do triathlons. Think it is the desert bicycle club. You can find them on the web and they can give you some help. Goodluck
Quote Reply
Re: www.palmspringstriclub.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the website. Bikeman is good for retals I think?? We do have some good riding out here. You cant beat the weather!!!

Ben Travis
Quote Reply