Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sagan Fondo Roadie OH! Bikes, Bowling, and Beer...
Quote | Reply
From Michael Marckx (MMX), the guy who brought you the BWR (aka eat dirt and like it...) A Fun event, with a twist... and some hills... and some sprints...
Drink coffee, ride alongside, sprint, drink beer, or even bowl a frame or two with the Most Interesting Cyclist in the World, Peter Sagan, at the Sagan Fondo Gran Roadie-Oh this weekend in and around San Diego.
Friday Nov 8: Gala dinner, drinks, etc hosted by Bill Walton. Benefits Challenged Athletes Foundation and Outride Foundation
Saturday Nov 9: Sagan Fondo registration, packet pickup, Expo and 5:00 pm VIP event at North City, San Marcos CA. 70 vendors, including new event partner 100% (on hand demoing Sagan's catchy eyeware.)
Sunday Nov 10: Gran Roadie-Oh three different distances for riders to choose from (50 km, 100 km and 150 km), beginning at 7:00am.
From MMX: "There are no rides in San Diego where our unique topography of punchy climbs is celebrated with a large collection of Sprint Sectors for riders to compete in across all age categories. There are flat rides along the coast. There are rides that just do big climbs all day. And there is the BWR that has it all, especially dirt. We want to celebrate the hills we have in SD because there is no other place like it in the US... We want to own this type of ride here and thus we have chosen the fun name of the Peter Sagan Gran Roadie-Oh, which is both playful and uniquely descriptive of the type of ride it is."
Most uniquely, the longer route will feature the ‘Green Jersey Go-Around’ competition, a feature that all 150-km riders can compete in. In honor of Sagan’s seven Green Jerseys, there will be seven, roughly 1-km Sprint Sectors for riders in various age categories to compete in, plus several secret Sprint Sectors that represent Peter’s future Green Jerseys. Winners will be those with the lowest cumulative times across ‘all’ the Sprint Sectors of the ‘Go-Around.’ These victorious riders will receive a signed event Green Jersey from Peter.
Great rides, food, beer, fun, and a guy popping wheelies on big climbs. What's not to love? Details and registration info here
PS. I'll be there, doing something... hope to see a few ST'ers out there enjoying the day.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan Fondo Roadie OH! Bikes, Bowling, and Beer... [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I knew about this event ahead of time! would have definitely participated.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan Fondo Roadie OH! Bikes, Bowling, and Beer... [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be there - pretty excited!
Quote Reply