Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my bike fit AND help size new bike
Quote | Reply
I’m looking to take my previous fit on my road bike with aero bars (Trek 1.5, 64CM) and see what size I would fit on for a tri bike, if that’s possible. This fit is about 6 years old and the intent then was to get as aero as I could on that bike without going crazy modifying it and while maintaining comfort, which I guess is what every fit really is to an extent. I am quite comfortable the way it’s setup now, never any issues. I feel like I could get more “aggressive” (lower the front, possibly more stretched out) if needed. I’m 6’6” with relatively good flexibility and core strength (no matter what the video looks like). I’ve attached or inserted or whatever, a chart that was used during the fit. The recommended is now current. I attempted to look through tri bike databases but I think because of the geometry of the fit with bars on my road bike I think I was out of range?. I’m guessing the X/reach could be totally different on a tri bike and I’m not even close on my current setup, I don't know, any help would be awesome. Also attaching/linking a quick video for reference of current fit. Open to any and all comments.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SN6_lpnCxGw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit AND help size new bike [jond81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not ride this position on a tri bike, so it may invalidate your process of finding a new bike. You'll probably end up on a bike that's one size too small...

Can you go do a pre-purchase fit somewhere?

Edit: You're 6'6"... probably no chance of buying a too-small frame ;) You're an XL or 61cm for sure!

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Nov 7, 19 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit AND help size new bike [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I was planning on doing a pre-purchase fit at a good local shop but I wanted to try and run the numbers on my own to see if I could at least get a ballpark of things and have a better understanding of it all.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit AND help size new bike [jond81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is your local shop FIST certified?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit AND help size new bike [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe so. It's Fitwerx out of Peabody MA. They're one of the best in the northeast.
Quote Reply