Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New bike vs upgrade.
Quote | Reply
I was close to buying a new bike until i read a few posts on here relating to upgrading vs the current crop of top end bikes. My current bike is a 2016 giant trinity if i upgrade the bars to the alpha x all else being equal fit wise on one of the newer superbikes is there much to gained? Thanks for anyone who answers 🤙
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [seanmcl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you able to get the fit you want on the Trinity?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No one has accused the Giant Trinity Advance frameset of being fast. My total swag is that going with a top tier performer would be 5 to 10 watts more efficient. That said, I would put an Alph X on whatever bike you choose, because that is another bundle of free speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We’ve seen time and time again there’s not that much difference between super bikes and low level bikes. So I’d probably upgrade first. Especially since 2016 wasn’t all that long ago. With that said your financial situation and mine could be extremely diffident. I’m a secretary in a medical office so I get every penny I can out if every piece of gear I own. If I was one of the docs I’d probably buy a new bike every other year.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do fit well on my current setup I'm able to stay in the bars for hours at a time i think ill just order the alpha bars and relax on spending all my hard earned money. I know theres faster bikes out there but its alot of candy for a few extra watts. If i was gonna drop the money i think I'd have went with a premier tactical after reading up on them. Maybe next year :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seanmcl wrote:
I do fit well on my current setup I'm able to stay in the bars for hours at a time i think ill just order the alpha bars and relax on spending all my hard earned money. I know theres faster bikes out there but its alot of candy for a few extra watts. If i was gonna drop the money i think I'd have went with a premier tactical after reading up on them. Maybe next year :)

Good call 👍👍👍

Spend the rest entering more races. At the end of the day that’s why we do it. 5w will make no difference to you, your racing or your life!
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call 👍👍👍

Spend the rest entering more races. At the end of the day that’s why we do it. 5w will make no difference to you, your racing or your life![/quote

Yip your 100 percent right pal 🤙
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
If I was one of the docs I’d probably buy a new bike every other year.

I’m a doc and there’s not a new bike that often at my house. I drive an 11 year old station wagon....kids and student loans 😀.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Jloewe wrote:
If I was one of the docs I’d probably buy a new bike every other year.

I’m a doc and there’s not a new bike that often at my house. I drive an 11 year old station wagon....kids and student loans 😀.

2016 is essentially the same stuff as now. Just make your bike fit you well. If you get a new bike it is because you want it, not because you need it.

Nothing is wrong with an 11 year old car, but something is wrong with it being a station wagon. Come on bro.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not if the 11 year old wagon is a Mercedes E63.....
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhinkle wrote:

2008 E63 vs 2008 Audi R8:

lol

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: New bike vs upgrade. [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
dhinkle wrote:

2008 E63 vs 2008 Audi R8:

lol

And that’s your show Jerry....
Quote Reply