Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UK / Online 1-2-1 coach recommendations
Quote | Reply
Hello,

After racing as a self-coached athlete for the last 18 months (and given even LS is getting a coach...), I have been tinkering with the idea of working with a coach for next season. While I have no difficulty in following a plan, I probably err on the other side of the spectrum and would likely benefit from some support and expertise in periodisation and longer term outlook. Having moved to the 70.3 distance this year, I want to work towards a 70.3 WC qualification and an eventual move to IM at some point. This won't happen overnight so taking a long-term partnership approach is one of the prerequisites.

Despite doing quite a bit of research here and elsewhere, the process of finding the right person is quite daunting and I was hoping to get insights and recommendations from the community. I currently live in the UK and having the possibility of meeting face-to-face is important but not essential if the coach is available on a remote basis. I am a big believer in communication and would be looking for someone who allows daily (or at least weekly) feedback on the sessions. Budget is obviously also a consideration but it seems most (experienced) coaches will be in the 150-300 pcm (at least in Europe).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
B
Quote Reply
Re: UK / Online 1-2-1 coach recommendations [Belgian_Waffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you live in the UK?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Belgian_Waffle wrote:
Hello,

After racing as a self-coached athlete for the last 18 months (and given even LS is getting a coach...), I have been tinkering with the idea of working with a coach for next season. While I have no difficulty in following a plan, I probably err on the other side of the spectrum and would likely benefit from some support and expertise in periodisation and longer term outlook. Having moved to the 70.3 distance this year, I want to work towards a 70.3 WC qualification and an eventual move to IM at some point. This won't happen overnight so taking a long-term partnership approach is one of the prerequisites.

Despite doing quite a bit of research here and elsewhere, the process of finding the right person is quite daunting and I was hoping to get insights and recommendations from the community. I currently live in the UK and having the possibility of meeting face-to-face is important but not essential if the coach is available on a remote basis. I am a big believer in communication and would be looking for someone who allows daily (or at least weekly) feedback on the sessions. Budget is obviously also a consideration but it seems most (experienced) coaches will be in the 150-300 pcm (at least in Europe).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
B

Highly recommend Dave Green

VERY personal

His rates are fantastic

Do a google search on him

If you are interested and can’t find his contact info send me a PM I’ll get you his contact email
Quote Reply
Re: UK / Online 1-2-1 coach recommendations [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am based in London
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race with the Precision Race Team out of London. Mainly SW London based, have several coaches at various price points. A really great team to be part of. It's run by Will Usher.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Julian Nagi is simply the best, if he has any coaching slots (doubt it). Backup options, Team Dillon also look like a bunch of cool people although I have no direct experience. If you are mostly keen on bike improvements, I'd also check Matt Bottril out (although he's not based in London).
Quote Reply