Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Improve my bikefit
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys!

I got my bike fitted a month ago but do not jet feel 100% right in the position. At first i was sliding down the saddle to the front a lot so moved the saddle 1cm forward which feels ALOT better already.

I am not sure what else I should adjust. Any more help and feedback would be very much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Quote Reply
Re: Improve my bikefit [Laurens4790] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly that looks pretty damn good. Except your head looks weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle can probably be raised 5-10 mm or so and you should drop your heels a bit. If you do that you might want to raise the cockpit 5-10 mm to match, and I'd extend your reach about 10-20 mm if possible.

Your bike is a size smaller than would be ideal. You should be on the next size up.

An aside: your fit is a good example of why you can't look at just one variable to determine saddle height. For example, you toe down quite a bit but your saddle isn't too high. Group ride experts and more than a few "coaches" tend to do that and no amount of reasoning and explanation will change their minds.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Improve my bikefit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is very helpful, thanks! I already changed this bike a size up after the first one I got so this is already a size larger according to the "sizing specifications". My pads are almost all the way at the back so I still have a lot of reach space left here.

On the saddle height, this is very helpful! I constantly have the feeling my saddle is not high enough but given I was toe downing a lot already I thought I should not higher my saddle. I expect I will need to work on the way I push the pedals then?

trentnix wrote:
Saddle can probably be raised 5-10 mm or so and you should drop your heels a bit. If you do that you might want to raise the cockpit 5-10 mm to match, and I'd extend your reach about 10-20 mm if possible.

Your bike is a size smaller than would be ideal. You should be on the next size up.

An aside: your fit is a good example of why you can't look at just one variable to determine saddle height. For example, you toe down quite a bit but your saddle isn't too high. Group ride experts and more than a few "coaches" tend to do that and no amount of reasoning and explanation will change their minds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drive through your lower leg. Not your toes.

There's not a right way to do it, so don't get too caught up in trying to meet some arbitrary angle or anything.

Additionally, all of these recommendations presume you've got the cleat placed on the shoe well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1nScQMaJ4Y

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So since this video I moved my saddle 0,5cm up and extended the reach by 1,0cm. I am still sliding forward on my saddle while paddling.

Can and should I move my saddle more forward?

Help is much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Laurens4790 wrote:
So since this video I moved my saddle 0,5cm up and extended the reach by 1,0cm. I am still sliding forward on my saddle while paddling.

Can and should I move my saddle more forward?

Help is much appreciated!
No, you'll just keep sliding forward. Try tilting the nose of the saddle up (from its current setup) very slightly. And let's see video of how things look after the changes you've made.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply