Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is Starky gonna break 4h on the bike today? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
So yes of course it's old and predictable.....But isn't that pretty much for everyone?

No, not even close. If I (or the masses) knew the result of of a sporting event before it happened, interest would be extremely low. I had no idea who was going to win Kona this year. But, I know exactly what is going to happen to Starky every time he toes the line so I have no interest in discussing it. But, I guess I’m in the minority here, so carry on talking about his amazing biking feats (in the sport of triathlon).
Quote Reply
Re: Is Starky gonna break 4h on the bike today? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But, I know exactly what is going to happen to Starky every time he toes the line so I have no interest in discussing it.

------

Except you cared enough to make a post in a thread specifically about Starky to say you don't care enough to comment.

That's precisely why those types of records are important. It draws interest, even from those who say they have no interest in it. If he's truly boring and predictable, he'd never be talked about. But this same thread pops up every single time, he goes after a fast split, etc. That's mission accomplish for his sponsors/team, etc.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Is Starky gonna break 4h on the bike today? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The old course was most certainly was faster. This course will not be repeated. Towards the end they took us down a small paved trail, down the main busy road into a Publix shopping center, behind Publix where the pallets and dumpsters are located (signs saying No Aerobars Allowed), back up the side and out into Front Beach road. This must have been because of Hurricane damage or some other serious reason. Great job pulling it off in an area still affected by the damage. I had the same bike split as 2017 while holding 10 more watts and a much better position.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t think there is a poster on all of ST who suffers from last-word-itis more than you.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Starky gonna break 4h on the bike today? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you can ignore. You made a point that it's boring and predictable. I also asked you what he's suppose to do? You never really answered only to say he's boring and predictable. I then suggested the fact that you cared enough to make a comment is precisely why he's able to make it in triathlon, etc.

He probaly gets paid rather well by those types of sponsors that do in fact care about the bike splits etc.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
And you can ignore. You made a point that it's boring and predictable. I also asked you what he's suppose to do? You never really answered only to say he's boring and predictable. I then suggested the fact that you cared enough to make a comment is precisely why he's able to make it in triathlon, etc.

He probaly gets paid rather well by those types of sponsors that do in fact care about the bike splits etc.

Exhibit A ^
Quote Reply

Prev Next