Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two of the four are listed on the xterra website. Not sure what will happen to bluebonnet or magnolia. I've raced the bluebonnet race before, it was a lot of fun.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [Bioteknik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I had looked on the xterra website last week I think and didn't see them (doesn't mean I looked in the right place though)
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just looked at the DINO Indiana off road triathlons and was surprised that the Northern is Xterra and the Southern is Motus.

I've always thought that the Southern was their flagship race because the course is much harder but Xterra chose the easier course.

The quality of both races is great and I've done them both a few times. I'm still planing to do both of them in 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [Bioteknik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XTERRA announced their America Race series yesterday:
https://www.xterraplanet.com/...tour-format-revealed

Race Shcedule
https://www.xterraplanet.com/race/tour/america

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really just giving up on the Southeast there...
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still thinking about Knoxville? Im guessing if your serious about wayoveryonda it might be too much travel.

I'll still be doing that

All america tour races now have maui slots up for grabs. No rolldowns unless at a gold level race, or the one deferring already qualified, but a good start.

No more regional points race, just national. Thought i read you have to race at Utah to be eligible for national awards too. We'll see how that affects the series now. Good thing I'm in one of the strongest age groups.. looks like I'll need around top 5 overall to qualify without a rolldown.
Last edited by: Bioteknik: Dec 13, 19 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:

Northeast too. The closest race to Boston is a 9-hour drive and 2 hours from a major airport.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:

I'm in the Southeast (North Carolina) & I'm going to try and do enough MOTUS races to get an age group series awards. 3 races will qualify but they count your top 4 races for year end standings.

I know a year end award is probably a long shot for me, but I've podiumed at the Nat Greene race & I was the first person in my age group to not get points at Myrtle Beach one year. I'm looking to do those 2 races plus Tsali so I'll need 1 more. Anyone have thoughts on the other MOTUS races? Preferably TN or KY.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
JASpencer wrote:

I'm in the Southeast (North Carolina) & I'm going to try and do enough MOTUS races to get an age group series awards. 3 races will qualify but they count your top 4 races for year end standings.

I know a year end award is probably a long shot for me, but I've podiumed at the Nat Greene race & I was the first person in my age group to not get points at Myrtle Beach one year. I'm looking to do those 2 races plus Tsali so I'll need 1 more. Anyone have thoughts on the other MOTUS races? Preferably TN or KY.

I did Knoxville last year. VERY hard course (esp end of run). Fun but hard. Run would have been better had I not crashed hard the previous day and messed myself up so I could not lift my feet. Swim was a blast though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the former pro's who podiumed at Raleigh 70.3 is now putting on a motus race I believe in L'ville- Mike Hermanson. Good guy, going with bourbon whisky burned barrels as the podium stage. Or somewhere in that area.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they pulled all the Michigan races for 2020. Trying to shrink it down to nothing.

"We would like to simply say, Thank You for racing with us over the years. We had a good run, but unfortunately XTERRA is changing it's race model and limiting the number of races per state. Thus we will not be having XTERRA Fort Custer in 2020. Thanks again and hopefully see you in the the trails! Good luck with your 2020 race season and beyond."

"We would like to simply say Thank You for racing with us over the years. We had a good run, but unfortunately XTERRA is changing it's race model and limiting the number of races per state. Thus we will not be having XTERRA Ionia in 2020. Thanks again and hopefully see you in the the trails! Good luck with your 2020 race season and beyond."

Quote | Reply
I'm closer to Knox than WOY and their far enough apart (time-wise) for me to do both.

The only way I'm getting to Maui is through Utah and that's like 50/50 for me to get a roll-down. Still I don't know if I really even want to go to Maui.

If I had a really good day and a friend had a bad day I could get it through Dino North,,, maybe.

I was looking for a MOTUS series champs and haven't found it yet. Perhaps it's already posted?
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I personally know Mike H, really nice guy. I saw his bourbon barrels on FB :)
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been following Mike's Motus growth on FB. I wish I could do all of them, but the travel is not an option. I had Maui as the goal of a 2 year plan. Was given the roll-down slot last year but did not take it. Don't see Maui happening now. Though if I can ever figure out the ICU cross-triathlon stuff, I may make that qualification a goal. (really hard to travel first week of Aug as that is when school starts. Wife is a teacher and son is in school).

Sigh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was looking at that Nat Greene Motus race for next fall. Wasn't that an afternoon race in the past ? Is it worth driving down from DC ? Its not a very long course.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [evfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
evfitness wrote:
Was looking at that Nat Greene Motus race for next fall. Wasn't that an afternoon race in the past ? Is it worth driving down from DC ? Its not a very long course.

Not sure if it had been afternoon in the past but I do know that it was called Xterra Greensboro previously. I've only done the race 2x as an independent & it was in the May/June timeframe. Switching to September should help with the heat.

I really enjoy the race so I guess I would say yes it is worth driving down. But that is a long way. Maybe if you are going to chase the series points it would be worth it.

ETA: The Nat Greene run has been short in the past, so I hope they extend it to the correct distance.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Dec 16, 19 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an "Xterra Iceman" race this weekend in Phoenix, put on by 4PeaksRacing. I've never done any off-road races, this looked like a cool one to try.

The off-road course is not at all technical, is on a wide, graded motor vehicle access road, so I was surprised to find out about Xterra's rules that only MTB are allowed with 26 - 29" wheels and straight handlebars.

Why not just let people ride on whatever they want? Racers already sign all kinds of waivers.

I doubt it has to do with danger: a bunch of heart attack prone old dudes splashing in lakes, or people with no bike handling skills hammering on a paved shoulder in aero seems way more dangerous than riding (even technical) trails on whatever bike you have.

If they are struggling, an easy fix would be to just let people ride whatever bike they want (like it is for on-road races).

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s up with Xterra? [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
There is an "Xterra Iceman" race this weekend in Phoenix, put on by 4PeaksRacing. I've never done any off-road races, this looked like a cool one to try.

The off-road course is not at all technical, is on a wide, graded motor vehicle access road, so I was surprised to find out about Xterra's rules that only MTB are allowed with 26 - 29" wheels and straight handlebars.

Why not just let people ride on whatever they want? Racers already sign all kinds of waivers.

I doubt it has to do with danger: a bunch of heart attack prone old dudes splashing in lakes, or people with no bike handling skills hammering on a paved shoulder in aero seems way more dangerous than riding (even technical) trails on whatever bike you have.

If they are struggling, an easy fix would be to just let people ride whatever bike they want (like it is for on-road races).

The Ice Man is gonna be freezing.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next