8x50 IM stroke on 60 (37-46)
100 easy
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [PowerPlay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8.3 mi run, last 3.5 mi @ 9:13/mi
500 yd easy swim, felt good to be back in the pool

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SCY
1200 (16:26), 300K, 4x25 fly on 30
5x200 IM on 3:30 (2:56-7’s)
5x100 alt IM/stroke on 1:45
6x50k on 1:15
6x50P alternate BK/BR
100 easy
3800 total

Good month. Feeling more fit and will be ready to race in December.
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I’m SOL for ocean swimming for quite awhile. Not only bad to swim after rains, a sewage leak has closed most of South Orange County’s beaches for at least a few days. But, more rain is expected. I have some pools I can hit, but running in the rain and Zwifting sounds like more fun!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HalfSpeed wrote:
Looks like I’m SOL for ocean swimming for quite awhile. Not only bad to swim after rains, a sewage leak has closed most of South Orange County’s beaches for at least a few days. But, more rain is expected. I have some pools I can hit, but running in the rain and Zwifting sounds like more fun!

Surprisingly it seems to be possible to swim in the local river. It is 6km wide and I did a race at a "narrow point" that is 4 km wide this year. But you better get on a plane and hurry up because we could be speed skating on it shortly.

https://weather.gc.ca/...on-118_metric_e.html

lows around minus 12C highs around minus 2C
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [PowerPlay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good month. Feeling more fit and will be ready to race in December. //

Ya, you have had some nice progressions in your training, what meets are you planning on doing, and events? I was thinking you might be pretty good at that Brute event we have been tossing around here, you seem to have all the strokes and a good distance free to back it all up..Maybe we will run into each other this season..

Did my long run for the season to get ready for the 100/100, got in 4.1 miles!!

Then a super easy 15x100s@1;40, mostly 1;29/28's to do a full hour+ today!
Last edited by: monty: Nov 29, 19 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be doing 1500, 400 FR, 200IM and 100 BR at USMS New England SCM meet in 2 weeks. Then SCY in March.

The Brute looks interesting - - thanks for the idea - 200 fly would be my weak point, but may give me some motivation through winter. Trying to build up some running base too this winter. Still experimenting with aging and a good training mix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
November some 12-odd years ago was the first time we did this... post your swims.

Hey Dr. Tigerchik, I am sorry I did not report in a lot this month. My month was pretty busy and I was sucked into the butterfly challenge and swim meet threads. I swam less that I wanted this month due to biz travel and that leaves me at 1060km or so for the year with 1 month left. I had a loose goal of swimming 1200km for the year, but with the amount of work in all 4 strokes and kick sets, the amount of meters per hour this year has been lower. I don't think it is viable to get to 1200km for the year (100km per month average), because I will lose 5 days from travel and 2 days for pool shut down leaving me only 24 days to do 140km this month. That's almost 6 km per day of swimming. The only way to get there is doing doubles for half of my available days of swimming but I might end up hating the pool if I do that just for a stupid annual goal. On a plus note, I surpassed 1500km of running for the year!
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happy to have you along no matter how much/little you post. Congrats on the 1500 km running! I'm happy you were able to do that.
5.5 mi run, 600 yd swim for me today

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: November Swim Challenge (year 12 or something) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Good month. Feeling more fit and will be ready to race in December. //

Ya, you have had some nice progressions in your training, what meets are you planning on doing, and events? I was thinking you might be pretty good at that Brute event we have been tossing around here, you seem to have all the strokes and a good distance free to back it all up..Maybe we will run into each other this season..

Did my long run for the season to get ready for the 100/100, got in 4.1 miles!!

Then a super easy 15x100s@1;40, mostly 1;29/28's to do a full hour+ today!

Hey what's all this crazy talk about running on a fish thread (OK I am guilty too). Just finished off a 10km run to get ready for 100/100 and now heading to pool to close of November. I start December with a club open swim meeting tomorrow (100 back, 200 fly, 100 free, 100 breast, 50 fly, 50 back, 50 breast, 50 free, 100IM...its going to be non stop action. My main events will be 200 fly and 50 fly and depending on what juice I have I will try to push the 100 IM).
Quote Reply

Prev Next