Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it was updated but it states he finished second but was fastest American athlete:

Professional triathlete Timothy O'Donnell made history on Oct. 12 when he had the fastest finish ever for an American at the Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii.
Despite coming in second, O'Donnell covered the 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike and 26.2-mile run in seven hours, 59 minutes and 40 seconds, his — and the U.S.'s — first sub-eight hour performance. (Germany's Jan Frodeno came in first with a time of seven hours, 51 minutes and 13 seconds.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It says he got second and was the fastest American. Did i miss something? #readingcomprehension 😆

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was in the caption of picture. We do not read any more, just look at pictures🤪

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
It says he got second and was the fastest American. Did i miss something? #readingcomprehension 😆

Can u read numbnuts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
mungub50 wrote:

Can u read numbnuts?

It's the caption for the photo that's wrong, pretty easy to miss that.
Last edited by: tttiltheend: Oct 31, 19 19:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot, I was going to joke that he won the 35-39 age group. But he didn't win that either.
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [nyjetfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Caption...

“ Tim O'Donnell after he won the 2019 Vega IRONMAN World Championship”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like an "article" put together a pushed out to the press by Tim's sponsors. No real journalism here, just regurgitating a "ready to bake" story they were pitched. Notice that the source of the photos is Ucan. I'm guessing the misleading title below the picture is because the outlet didn't bother to read the story thoroughly before adding it and pushing this out.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Looks like an "article" put together a pushed out to the press by Tim's sponsors. No real journalism here, just regurgitating a "ready to bake" story they were pitched. Notice that the source of the photos is Ucan. I'm guessing the misleading title below the picture is because the outlet didn't bother to read the story thoroughly before adding it and pushing this out.

Of course and I don't think we will be seeing anymore Tim Normatec posts either. This is the side of professional triathlon (and pro sports) I have always hated. Where is the loyalty, where is the authenticity. I wonder if the fridge is still stocked with Chocolate milk... Clearly Tim's agent is pounding the pavement with his 2nd place and striking while the iron is hot. In all reality, I would bet money that the most important person in this article is that strength coach and facility in Boulder helping TO set a career best performance at 39.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't fault TO or his sponsors, just CNBC for doing such lazy "journalism." I know it happens all the time (I've been at companies that have paid for these), but there is a difference between being pitched a story and being handed a pre-written piece that you basically push out on your byline with superficial edits.

Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim's 2nd place celebration was as if he won and Sebi's 3rd place celebration was as if he finished 30th.
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I don't fault TO or his sponsors, just CNBC for doing such lazy "journalism." I know it happens all the time (I've been at companies that have paid for these), but there is a difference between being pitched a story and being handed a pre-written piece that you basically push out on your byline with superficial edits.

I don't fault either, but I do wish it was more of the athletes driving things for products/services they like vs dollars from sponsors driving things. It is a pipedream, but in utopia that is how I would like to see it. But yes, the paid-placement stories thing gets pretty confusing. I've been approached many times to write something and would never accept that. Amazing how many FIRE posts I see on Marketwatch/CNBC/Yahoo finance where it is always... I retired on 250k at 29, when first off the individuals never retired. They just pivoted and became financial bloggers. Meanwhile the likelihood of anyone reading the piece and doing the same is slim to none, which is what appeals to anyone that would read it in the first place.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/10/31/daily-routine-of-americas-fastest-ironman-tim-odonnell.html

#proofread

I didn’t know his full name was Tim UCAN ODonnell.

That interview is a disgrace.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly missed that. Have a good day!

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
Clearly missed that. Have a good day!

All good.
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Caption...

“ Tim O'Donnell after he won the 2019 Vega IRONMAN World Championship”

World Series. Only American entrants count.
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/10/31/daily-routine-of-americas-fastest-ironman-tim-odonnell.html

#proofread

I didn’t know his full name was Tim UCAN ODonnell.

That interview is a disgrace.

....but you can call him Suzy Chapstick

for those too young to get the ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3hS6e9pCBE

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

#proofread

Maybe the CNBC editors read ST, as the caption now correctly says that he finished second 😉

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't know Tim O'Donnell WON Kona... LOL [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

#proofread

Maybe the CNBC editors read ST, as the caption now correctly says that he finished second 😉

Who doesn't read ST?. 🤷
Quote Reply