Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BKOOL trainers discontinued?
Quote | Reply
On their website it's all about the cycling app. Did they stop selling trainers and smart bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: BKOOL trainers discontinued? [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://store.bkool.com/en/18-trainers

Looks like maybe they accidentally deleted the link to the store?

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: BKOOL trainers discontinued? [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you could be right, but if you hit "view product" on any item, it says they're all out of stock; not a good sign
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not kool bro
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the usual UK/EU sites the trainers are being ridiculously discounted so the company has clearly dumped them on the market. In my mind they never made a compelling trainer always favouring style over function. So this was probably a smart move. Zwift and Peloton have thus far proved very successful in elbowing competitors out of the way so Bkool will need to fully commit to that segment if it wants a slice of the action.
Quote Reply
Re: BKOOL trainers discontinued? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, a few weeks ago I was getting endless targeted ads for them ($299 for their lower end smart trainer). I guess they are going software-only. At best I see them as an acquisition target. Right now Peloton is the Apple watch of this space, and Zwift is the Garmin. Not sure there is room for a viable third player, but (just like FitBit) someone may buy them to try to enter the market.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This would explain why the AIR was such a potato and never got much love with updates to fix a few basic problems. I wanted to love that thing. It looks brilliant.

BikeRadar have just pushed out a review of the new BKool Air Lite. If they have stopped selling hardware this is awkward... or a play to move stock.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice catch... https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...aining-platform.html

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: BKOOL trainers discontinued? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice to hear that hardware employes haven't lost their job
Quote Reply
Re: BKOOL trainers discontinued? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
This would explain why the AIR was such a potato and never got much love with updates to fix a few basic problems. I wanted to love that thing. It looks brilliant.

BikeRadar have just pushed out a review of the new BKool Air Lite. If they have stopped selling hardware this is awkward... or a play to move stock.

I wanted to love it too. I like things that aren't mainstream yet are functional. This was gonna be my next trainer. Then I saw your review.

Got Kickr core/climb combo instead
Quote Reply
Re: BKOOL trainers discontinued? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Bkool smart trainer and did not like it at all. It was not accurate, plastic piece on the turn knob broke and I quickly got rid of it.
Quote Reply