Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Dates for the 100/100 Run Challenge (posted on 2019-07-18)

We've always started this on Dec 15. There's a question afoot about starting it on Nov 15. What is your preference?

Dec 15: 13 %
Nov 15: 37 %
Won't participate: 33 %
What's the 100/100? 17 %

We’re triathletes and always pushing the boundaries, so with the Date move up we can now keep the previous end date and do the:

130/130 Run Challenge

Look, fellas, it doesn't take a whole lot of lifting to do this kind of thing, so if it's a 130/130 that's cool, and even if you want a 730/730 just ask nicely and I'll throw it up on the challenge page!!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't encourage them! this damn 100/100 thing is bad enough.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Oct 30, 19 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
monty wrote:
You may just have the concept of "junk miles" exactly backwards within the context of this challenge. //

No kidding ha!!! It is the embodiment of junk miles, and how they can get you to the quality ones!! If you want to have it be a real time/pace challenge, join the one guy that was doing a 5k every day under 20 minutes, then it can be a party of two!

I'm pretty sure that was synthetic....

Yes it was me. Junk miles will lead to injury. Pushing yourself with bad form..
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would actually be interesting to see a separate post-100-in-100 challenge of 30 days. We all know there's a pretty high dropout rate after the first 20-30 days, when the over-excited and unfortunate have injured themselves or people just decide it's stupid. By the end of 100 days, those who have been lucky/careful enough to get through have generally found a decent groove. Would be a pointless but fascinating exercise to tack on a 30 day period of stand-alone data to see how the standings then compare to the full 100 in 100.

Quote | Reply
The 100/100 dates will fit in almost perfectly with my swim meet schedule. Nov 9th, then the next one will be Feb 9th so my legs should be acclimatized by then...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
It would actually be interesting to see a separate post-100-in-100 challenge of 30 days. We all know there's a pretty high dropout rate after the first 20-30 days, when the over-excited and unfortunate have injured themselves or people just decide it's stupid. By the end of 100 days, those who have been lucky/careful enough to get through have generally found a decent groove. Would be a pointless but fascinating exercise to tack on a 30 day period of stand-alone data to see how the standings then compare to the full 100 in 100.

Oh....its DEFINATELY Stoopid. It didn't stop me last year, though. I'm just hoping that I learned my lesson, and don't get some crazy idea come November 15th. I don't need that kind of silliness in my life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nooo!

i always travel mid november and am back by the beginning of the december 100/100.
this is throwing a big wrench in the works.

please please please go back to the original dates!
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
mistressk wrote:

Oh....its DEFINATELY Stoopid. It didn't stop me last year, though. I'm just hoping that I learned my lesson, and don't get some crazy idea come November 15th. I don't need that kind of silliness in my life.

I found a post after last year's Challenge ["It's not a RACE"]

Quote:
.... And, we're done! 73 runs (30-minute minimum) over 100 days; basically 5 days a week- Mondays off + Friday swim-date @slowtwitch #100runs100days

Also, I'm the kind of an idiot who does TWO of these 100/100 each year*

* took this Summer off, so that's last year's bib

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever. I start my 100/100 on September 23rd* so that day 100 is New Years Eve. It's going fine.

*No, there is absolutely no chance that this will ever conflict with Kona. Sigh...

Munq
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart, don't feel bad. I am now on day 74 of my third 100/100 since last December.

Been helpful to keep me consistent and I have seen about a 8-10 min improvement in my half-marathon times (standalone and 70.3). I have progressed with confidence from very, very slow to just very slow. IMAZ coming up and hopefully I will see some of the same.

I have done the last couple 100/100s with a group of friends. We changed the rules in preparation for IMAZ so that longer runs can count as double/triple/quadruple. Not a good change. It makes the challenge much too easy. I do think, however, that runs over an hour counting as double may be one change we do locally going forward.
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gogogo! wrote:
nooo!

i always travel mid november and am back by the beginning of the december 100/100.
this is throwing a big wrench in the works.

please please please go back to the original dates!

RandMart, a summer 100 in 100 would be anathema to proper recovery after races, so I'll leave that in your capable hands.

You're all free to do whatever challenges suit you best; I'm just not a fan of moving the goalposts. I run some doubles year-round to get mileage in - I'll deal. The end of the 100 in 100 now coincides with the last snowshoe race of the 2020 season, so I might have to go get my Howlin' Husky on.

Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
RandMart, a summer 100 in 100 would be anathema to proper recovery after races, so I'll leave that in your capable hands.

My last Spring race is the first Sunday in May, I take a few weeks off, then start Endless Summer on Memorial Day

Finishing up on Labor Day, I have a couple weeks before RnR Philly HM at the end of September

There's also som bike training in there for our MS Ride

mistressk wrote:
You're all free to do whatever challenges suit you best; I'm just not a fan of moving the goalposts. I run some doubles year-round to get mileage in - I'll deal. The end of the 100 in 100 now coincides with the last snowshoe race of the 2020 season, so I might have to go get my Howlin' Husky on.

As long as we get those nifty pix, we're good with whatever you choose, mistressk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
mistressk wrote:

My last Spring race is the first Sunday in May, I take a few weeks off, then start Endless Summer on Memorial Day

Finishing up on Labor Day, I have a couple weeks before RnR Philly HM at the end of September

There's also som bike training in there for our MS Ride

mistressk wrote:

As long as we get those nifty pix, we're good with whatever you choose, mistressk

I concur with this remark!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's pretty clear why we moved it early: because we polled you, and you said you wanted it earlier. but i hear you that you're repenting of this decision, because of certain races in november (and whatnot). so we're splitting the difference, and moving the start date to december 1.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The 100 in 100 is starting early? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compromise : the art of making everyone equally unhappy. /pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't even feel myself getting polled, let alone telling you how I wanted it..

Dec 1st works. Heck, I would have lived with Nov 15th, but I'll take my month of off-season - I'm sure my long-suffering husband is in no hurry for the inevitable laundry generated by double- and triple-run days, either.

Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
I didn't even feel myself getting polled, let alone telling you how I wanted it..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
it's pretty clear why we moved it early: because we polled you, and you said you wanted it earlier. but i hear you that you're repenting of this decision, because of certain races in november (and whatnot). so we're splitting the difference, and moving the start date to december 1.
This is looking like Brexit ver 2.0

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
That being said, I've got my bib ready

PM me is you want one of your own

I'll make bibs with whichever date ya want

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify: it's now going to be 12/1 to 3/9 [next year is a Leap Year], correct?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Yep.

Quote | Reply
OK, I updated it on the Master, but I'll not bother to re-post

Offer is still open for custom bibs [let me know by PM what name & number you want, and where/how to send it]

Quote Reply

Prev Next