Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lanzarote recommendations [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for all the replies. We ended up staying at the Occidental Lanzarote Mar and it was excellent. Great 50 meter pool (with some very, very fast people in those lanes), really good food at the breakfast and dinner buffets and alot of fun stuff for my wife and daughter to do (multiple kid pools, organized games, comeptitions and events for kids, kid disco at night - she loved it). I would strongly recommend the place for those with families. We did not rent a car but hired a tour guide one afternoon to take us around the island to different small towns, wineries, cheese shops, scenic spots, etc and so my wife could see all the places I was seeing on the bike which she enjoyed.

Riding was tremendous. Covered most of the key routes through the week (Mirador Del Rio, El Golfo, Tabeyesco, etc) on a really nice ultegra-disc Trek Emonda I rented from Evolution Cycles in Costa Teguise. I'd also strongly recommend renting from them - bike was freshly tuned up with brand new tires and they programmed my Garmin with all the big routes on the island. Top notch operation.

Day before I left I got caught out in a sandstorm (la calima) that was so strong the police turned me back as I got out by the coast right near El Golfo. Pretty windy for sure but living in the Netherlands definitely prepares one for such situations.
Quote Reply
Re: Lanzarote recommendations [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lanza is one of my favorite places to train in the world. I’ve had the opportunity to stay at Sands Beach Resort twice now, and it’s a wonderful place to stay and train. I actually spent the entire month of January there to kick off my 2020 season. It definitely has a family vibe and the staff is very welcoming and accommodating. The food is great and there’s a pool in the middle of the resort - this all makes training really easy. You can also ride straight from the resort. I never felt like I needed a car. You can rent bikes from Sands and downtown Costa Teguise is just a half mile down the road. Hope that helps and you have a great week of training wherever you decide to go. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next