Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Please Help Me...Is the Hay in the Barn? IMFL this weekend [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, wow! I am looking to PR my next IM, can you provide more info on how to get really sick and PR your race? I might try this strategy for my next IM.

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Please Help Me...Is the Hay in the Barn? IMFL this weekend [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
timr wrote:
Crazy but you can bet I will be changing the way I taper going into races. PR race for me.

Congratulations! Great job by both you and your wife (for getting you to the start line). How do you think you'll change your taper going forward? What did you do previously that you will not do going forward?

Thank you. My wife and kids love doing this. I don't get excited watching an Ironman and running around all day but they love it so I'm super lucky with that.

Tapering, Moving forward I will rest more going into a race. Probably start out 2-1/2 weeks to be safe. In the past I relied off Trainingpeaks numbers for Form, Fitness and Fatigue but I will take a few days off to let fatigue leave, do a couple short workouts with hard intervals to stay fresh and take a few more days off for more fatigue to leave and repeat. I will listen to my body instead of relying on hitting workouts or hitting numbers. If I notice any fatigue left in my legs I will just skip any planned workouts and rest. My TP numbers Friday before the race were ATL 43, CTL 77 and TSB 31. Specifically CTL for Swim was 16, Bike was 32 and Run 27 on Friday before race. Those numbers don't add up to my result. If I would have gone off the 10% taper rule for CTL, (and not gotten sick) I would have been way over fatigued... I'm guessing. I know these races are just as mental as physical, maybe more mental, but next Ironman will tell me more. I hesitate to add this but I'm also LCHF, more Keto going into race week with my Keytones around 1.0. I think this really helped with my result. I took in carbs leading into the race and also during the race. Race morning nutrition was 3 packs of oatmeal and an SFuels vanilla bar. Bike was 2 more SFuels Bars, 10 Clif Bloks chews, 8 Base Salt chewables and lots of water. Refilled front BTA with water every aid station. The run I took in 5 or 6 gels. I just took one and ran until I felt like I was slowing down then took another. Water at every aid station except last 3 miles.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Please Help Me...Is the Hay in the Barn? IMFL this weekend [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I really knew. Ignore the numbers and listen to your body. If you feel fatigue after a day off then take another day or two off... Maybe?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next