Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR PRSix Weight and feedback.
Quote | Reply
Yes, I know Aero is everything!! But I still need to know. Does anyone have weights on their own QR PRSix. Disc or Rim? What wheels? Anything else “Added”?

Also, please leave any comments on it? What were you riding before had? How does it comepare? What do you love about it? What do you dislike about it! It’s the bike that fits me best. Speed (Bike and run) and comfort are the priorities. But I’m having some mental hurdles as it doesn’t get me super crazy jazzed the way a couple other bikes out there do that DON’T fit me. So I’m looking for a boost!

Thanks!!
Last edited by: mpkellyjunior: Oct 26, 19 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRSix Weight and feedback. [mpkellyjunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any numbers for you but I can share that I went thru a similar search a few years ago.

I had been riding a Specialized Transition (Comp) and it was plenty fast for me but it was so stinking heavy on the ups. I had been riding that used Transition for many years when I went and signed up for IMCanada. Those 2 factors led me to search for the tri bike that was lighter than most, still as aero as most, and didn't cost me a second mortgage. Everything I found led me to the PRsix. It wasn't the lightest per the spec sheets out there but it was close. It wasn't the most aero per the tests but it was in the ballpark with all of the most aero frames out there. And, it was def the most bang for the buck when I considered the perks vs the investment compared to the others.

Once I started riding it on my local hills, I was pleased with the choice. Don't get delusional...it won't climb better than the roadies in the group. But, as long as I'm riding smart, it doesn't sabotage me on the hills. And, that's in group'ish rides where I'm in 'keep up' mode. Conversely, riding solo with a power meter, tri style, it does a good job flattening the hills. And, it absolutely flies on the downs and the flats. Tuck and let 'er rip.

It's been a few years now and I'm still happy with it. No New Bike Itch happening anytime soon.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Last edited by: morpheus: Oct 26, 19 12:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience with the QR- coming off a factor slick and before that a giant trinity I have been very very happy with the switch, weight wise it’s lighter than both previous bikes, is a truckload easier to travel with, better storage options and feels like it catches a lot less wind in gusty conditions, I went with the non disc option and the PR5 due to having several race wheel options I wasn’t ready to change yet, zero regrets with the choice.
If you want to chat more about the details send me a pm and I’ll gladly answer anything I can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpkellyjunior wrote:
Yes, I know Aero is everything!! But I still need to know. Does anyone have weights on their own QR PRSix. Disc or Rim? What wheels? Anything else “Added”?

Also, please leave any comments on it? What were you riding before had? How does it comepare? What do you love about it? What do you dislike about it! It’s the bike that fits me best. Speed (Bike and run) and comfort are the priorities. But I’m having some mental hurdles as it doesn’t get me super crazy jazzed the way a couple other bikes out there do that DON’T fit me. So I’m looking for a boost!

Thanks!!

For my wife we went with the PR5 + Tririg Alpha (basically the same price as the upsell to the PR6 but I felt the Alpha was a bit more aero and a bit more adjustable.) It is certainly lighter than my Shiv but I haven't tossed it on the scale yet. I'll see if I can get some numbers for you.

Quote | Reply
Gregtay, that would be very much apprecited! I'd love to see some numbers! And I've certainly looked at and thought about a PR5 rim with and Alpha and an OmegaX.
gregtay wrote:
mpkellyjunior wrote:

Thanks!!

For my wife we went with the PR5 + Tririg Alpha (basically the same price as the upsell to the PR6 but I felt the Alpha was a bit more aero and a bit more adjustable.) It is certainly lighter than my Shiv but I haven't tossed it on the scale yet. I'll see if I can get some numbers for you.
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRSix Weight and feedback. [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
For my wife we went with the PR5 + Tririg Alpha (basically the same price as the upsell to the PR6 but I felt the Alpha was a bit more aero and a bit more adjustable.)
She wouldn't be the first to use that combo. We've had a number of customers (including pros sponsored by QR) actually "downgrate" their PRSix with the PRFive fork, just so they could use the Alpha One cockpit. Add the Omega X and Delta front cover, and you would likely be faster than the PRSix anyway, as far as our testing has shown.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRSix Weight and feedback. [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the insight so far. Please keep it coming!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, I have a 2019 PR4 disc. I know the PR6 will be a bit lighter since it uses different carbon but since the frame shape is the same I figure my feedback will help. I have the 56cm size so it will be on the heavier side. I upgraded from a basic2015 Kestral Talon. Bike weights in the 21 lb range when fully loaded up for a 3+ hour ride. I dont really notice the extra weight on hills but do notice a difference when on flat ground, bike just feels better then my old Talon.

The top of the line TT bikes are mostly all with in 4 lbs. of each other. As long as the weight isnt in the wheels, the 4lbs is almost negligible as it is right around 2% of the total rider+bike weight. You will only notice that if you have an accurate/consistent power meter. And even then it still might be tough to notice. The actual feel of the bike going over bumps will be the bigger difference. Get the bike that fits you well, and that you like how it looks.
Quote Reply