Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First official Ironman Double by Woman.
Quote | Reply
First official Ironman double by Jess Zaiss. Congrats to her. One can only hope that Ashley Horner will once again attempt the 50-50-50 to put a little life back into the forum.

https://www.runnersworld.com/...3QMCUHtSHrfrJsJZG4vM
Quote Reply
Re: First official Ironman Double by Woman. [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did somebody say Ashley Horner???!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The article makes it sound like no woman has done two such long distance triathlons in a row before, which is a bit misleading. E.g. Alexandra Meixner did 20 Ironman distances in 20 days in 2016, and I would be surprised if it has not been done by a woman before her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runners World doing a bang-up job of research yet again.Not only have many women done back to back Ironman distance events she isn't the first to do back to back Ironman brand events as Catherine Olsen from Denmark did Kalmar and Copenhagen back to back on 18-19th Aug 2018.The article is so misleading and would have you believe that none of the multi-iron races on the IUTA circuit and the Epic 5 in Hawaii exist..

It is also a stupid way to train for Ultraman.
Quote Reply
Re: First official Ironman Double by Woman. [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all I want to know is how did she check her bike and run gear in the day before if she wasn't there for the second race. Rules clearly state when check in is and it has to be you with your bracelet on and match your gear with numbers matching on your bag. The list goes on and on for things that she could not have done by getting to the race with 20 minutes to spare..... Outside assistance before the race even started if you ask me lol.......oh wait, this was a publicity stunt by Ironman so it's ok......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's training to do Ultra-Man and this was part of her plan. Cool chick.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: First official Ironman Double by Woman. [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a chapter in Mike Reilly's book about "The Club." A number of people who have done each IM venue at least once. In 2016, a pair of them did Mallorca and Chattanooga the same weekend. They flew from Spain to the US on a chartered jet to get to Tennessee at 4 am, setting up bikes at 5am.

I had the same question as far as registration and the usual day-before setup, but it seems like the organization will make arrangements ahead of time if you are seriously going to do something like this. I don't know if you want to waste much energy arguing it is technically outside help before the starting gun goes off, but you are certainly welcome to do so.
Quote Reply
Re: First official Ironman Double by Woman. [AirWeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah kind of just trolling a bit :) Cool effort by her just get my panties in a knot by IM sometimes :)
Quote Reply
Re: First official Ironman Double by Woman. [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
griffeyfan04 wrote:
just get my panties in a knot by IM sometimes :)

Oh, no doubt - 100% get that
Quote Reply