Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Twicycle
Quote | Reply
I hope this is the right spot, saw this bike while searching the web. I dont see it as being a race bike but they do claim 300-450 extra watts from arms alone.

Maybe this could be a good training aide as it would help arm strength for swimming or it could be used for extra power in a race since you dont use your arms as much after the swim.

I would never buy one but would love to try this thing out.

https://twicycle.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Twicycle [rutsackrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people can't do 400w with their legs, arms shouldn't even be close. Plus, most of us are limited by our heart/lungs, and not our legs.

This is like one of those adverts that say "a 60 min workout in only 10 mins" by assuming that the poor shmuck who's newly off the couch is going to workout 6x harder than on whatever they're comparing it to. The limiter isn't the machine, its the human.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rutsackrun wrote:
I hope this is the right spot, saw this bike while searching the web. I dont see it as being a race bike but they do claim 300-450 extra watts from arms alone.

Maybe this could be a good training aide as it would help arm strength for swimming or it could be used for extra power in a race since you dont use your arms as much after the swim.

I would never buy one but would love to try this thing out.

https://twicycle.com/

There are a million things wrong with that contraption. I give most people 50 yards before they crash it.

Having smashed up my shoulder and used a hand cycle erg for rehab, I can say that even 50 watts with your arms is tough. 6-9 times that is impossible.

Edit: Don't know why I didn't say this before, but is "twicycle" just Mike Tyson saying "tricycle"? Or would that be "twithickle"?
Last edited by: T-wrecks: Oct 24, 19 16:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll hold out for the Zwift version.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Twicycle [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was imagining this would be a post about a tricycle.

As is, this is one of the bizarrest things I've seen.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Twicycle [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
I was imagining this would be a post about a tricycle.

As is, this is one of the bizarrest things I've seen.

And his seat post was too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not the first example I've seen. I've seen another example ridden. The person didn't bother with the gubbins at the front.
I've also seen a friend do a home made version on a recumbent. That worked better for him after a surgery and kept him riding in his 70s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At first glance this looks like a marketing gimmick rather than a serious and sensible product. Their figures are not credible and the focus of their assertions don't seem to have much to do with enjoyment or speed of cycling.

I'd give it a go just out of curiosity if I got the chance (without paying for it) but I can't imagine it being either comfortable, safe or effective.
It looks awful to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
😂😂😂

This is a hilarious product.
Quote Reply