Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sole F80 Treadmill Stuck in Granny Mode, Buttons Don't Work...Mostly
Quote | Reply
My Sole F80 treadmill has an attitude problem. When it comes on whether by the switch or by reinserting the safety key, the treadmill automatically initializes and goes into Manual mode at 0.5 speed, and no amount of button pushing can change that or increase the speed or anything.

You can't get into the Engineering Mode or the Factory Settings because pressing the [Enter] key does nothing. The funny thing is: The [Enter] key works initially because you have to hit [Start], [Stop], and [Enter] simultaneously to get to the screen where you enter the Engineering Mode, but it stops recognizing the [Enter] key at that point, and none of the other keys work then either.

Sole tech support says an entire new console is required. I'm not afraid to tear into the console or whatever, if somebody has an idea of what has gone buggy.

Part of me wants to say it is a child lock issue, but I can't get into Engineering Mode to unlock it.

Can anyone point me in the right troubleshooting direction?

Thank you muy mucho.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80 Treadmill Stuck in Granny Mode, Buttons Don't Work...Mostly [flashbeagle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno what the problem is, but I had some similar issue (Sole F80 wouldn't go faster than minimum speed), and the console had to be replaced. It's not hard to do, but is mildly annoying, and if it's out of warrantee, costs about $400. I unfortunately don't have an easy fix for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80 Treadmill Stuck in Granny Mode, Buttons Don't Work...Mostly [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Dunno what the problem is, but I had some similar issue (Sole F80 wouldn't go faster than minimum speed), and the console had to be replaced. It's not hard to do, but is mildly annoying, and if it's out of warrantee, costs about $400. I unfortunately don't have an easy fix for it.

Thank you kindly. I appreciate hearing that. Misery loves company. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80 Treadmill Stuck in Granny Mode, Buttons Don't Work...Mostly [flashbeagle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come to find out the Start key was stuck. It needed to be resoldered, and the treadmill was as good as new. Sole's tech support gave me the name of a localish treadmill guru to call, and my geeky husband was able to troubleshoot his way to finding the proper solution.
Quote Reply