Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
I would be interested to learn about it in detail if possible, are there published results posted which I could read? I've read several WT testing posts, reviewed photos and videos, and love learning about this.

IIRC I've got everything that's ever been published about us here. OUr facebook page is here

Thank you. Do you have any detailed write-ups of testing higher hand positions (along with moving elbows in/out, forward/back, etc), so we can see what you were talking about with the higher hands testing out slower? I'd be interested to see how high is too high, what hand height tents to test out well, and how elbow and lower arm position affects results.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [Clintred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clintred wrote:
Message use directly and tell them you have been messed around by total cycling, use sent me them directly after waiting for months from total cycling

Did for weeks before starting this post, they're not in stock at USE.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super D wrote:
If I flip ski bends and the handgrips were short, I wouldn't have much fore-aft adjustability (this is why I wanted the hi-rise ones which have a longer bottom section).

The hi-rise ones have a *shorter* bottom section, so your fore-aft range will be smaller than with normal skis flipped. It's the other part that is longer. Can't read the dimensions on this diagram, but they are to scale anyway.

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Super D wrote:
If I flip ski bends and the handgrips were short, I wouldn't have much fore-aft adjustability (this is why I wanted the hi-rise ones which have a longer bottom section).

The hi-rise ones have a *shorter* bottom section, so your fore-aft range will be smaller than with normal skis flipped. It's the other part that is longer. Can't read the dimensions on this diagram, but they are to scale anyway.

Actually, if you look at the lower right (40-degree, which is what I would want) and the matching 40-degree ski bend which is second from top on the left, the short segments are identical in length, and the difference looks to be 20mm shorter for the hi-rise version in the long section. So there's no reason to go with the hi-rise, one can just go with the 40-degree ski bend and cut off the extra length as @Steve Irwin did. Thanks for posting this diagram! I'd looked at it before, but didn't realize there was such little difference with the hi-rise and the regular ski bends!
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right, the short part is the same. But the hi-rise are definitely longer on the long part. My caliper puts it at ~20% longer or ~45mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
You are right, the short part is the same. But the hi-rise are definitely longer on the long part. My caliper puts it at ~20% longer or ~45mm.

Diagram looks to read 266.4 on the ski bends long section, 244.4 on the hi-rise, but my eyes aren't the greatest. No matter, the 40-degree ski bends are not in stock either, lol. #Facepalm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope this helps:

This is with the USE Tula ski 50 degrees flipped.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boki wrote:
Hope this helps:

This is with the USE Tula ski 50 degrees flipped.

Looks good, that's pretty much what I'm going for, but I'm going to do the 40-degree, just slightly different. Did you have to trim the length of the long section?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have very long arms for my height. I wish the extensions are a little bit longer. Althoigh, they are pretty long. I was on the 40 degree. Aero/feel wise I like more the 50 degree but I find the 40 degree more stable.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boki wrote:
I have very long arms for my height. I wish the extensions are a little bit longer. Althoigh, they are pretty long. I was on the 40 degree. Aero/feel wise I like more the 50 degree but I find the 40 degree more stable.

I'm same as you, long legs and arms like a spider monkey. :D

I have a 36.5" inseam at just a tad over 6'. Sleeve length for dress shirts is 36 plus. The stock S-bends that came on the Trinity put the shifters at the base of my hands, beginning of my wrists, way too short. The Vuka Evo 110s are long enough, but the hands are too low, so I think going with what you did will be a worthy experiment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncut 40degree USE extensions in backwards with 15 degree wedges. Lots of height gain and length. IMO 50 degree are to high, 40s are really comfy if you have your pads angled and 30s may be more aero?? Who knows

Last edited by: FKDUPJ: Jul 29, 18 20:57
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [FKDUPJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FKDUPJ wrote:
Uncut 40degree USE extensions in backwards with 15 degree wedges. Lots of height gain and length. IMO 50 degree are to high, 40s are really comfy if you have your pads angled and 30s may be more aero?? Who knows

That’s my plan, now just need the extensions. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I custom bent these, but are no longer using them, if you’re interested. Photo shows it compared to an uncut Zipp 110 extension

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
I custom bent these, but are no longer using them, if you’re interested. Photo shows it compared to an uncut Zipp 110 extension

Thank you very much for asking, very kind of you; please share with another in need if you would like. At this point, I'm going to either to purchase a USE product in carbon or make one myself like you did (it'd be a fun project). :)
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [FKDUPJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well done. USE is my extension of choice.

FKDUPJ wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use 30 deg in reverse.

Quote Reply
Re: Affordable High-rise Aero Extension Options for Praying Mantis Position? [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those flip flops are SO AERO!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone here has some 40 degree high rise extensions for sale, don't know if he'll be willing to post to where you are:

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/...rise-extensions-new/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to the STL of the angled shims you printed?

-Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile design make 50 degree ski bends now. Profile design 50a / 50c. I'd get the aluminum version as I am not sure if you can flip the carbon version.
Quote Reply

Prev Next