Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

School me on swift
Quote | Reply
What type of computer do you need to run swift? I have a galaxy s8+ can I run swift from that and cast it to a TV? I need a TV also and suggestions would be great. Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swift [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://zwift.com/hardware

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an S7 and a chromecast. You can sync your phone to the Chromecast and then use "smart view" on your phone and cast to it to the TV. More consistent than going through Google home and casting through there IMO. You may have to adjust your screen sizing but it works pretty well and you're not buying a new PC or anything like that. Make sure your phone is charging while you do it because it sucks the battery up pretty quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZWIFT ON A BUDGET: Step by Step Setup // Indoor Cycling Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg0IDDmSStw
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For 7 bucks i bought an hdmi adapter for my phone and just hardwire it to the tv.

Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An Apple TV is a nice inexpensive option
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swift [Shyland83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so, here's my question....what are the various options to broadcast Zwift on a smart tv?
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swift [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apple TV or laptop connection via HDMI works great.

Not sure what's best with phones.

Note that you can get away with a smaller TV for Zwift. I actually went with a biggie 50 incher, but in retrospect, you can set up a 32" or smaller closer to you and get a similar effect.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swift [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the tv I plan to use is like 28”

So can I use a long lightning chord from iPhone to tv?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Dell Inspiron gaming computer hooked up to a 45" Hi-Sense 4K TV ($250) and a 36" TV (Free). I'm hard-wired onto my broadband so no Wi-fi lag. I connect my Hammer2 thru ANT+, for me it works better than bluetooth. It sounds like a lot but this whole outfit was less than $1500. It has been well worth the money.

I can Zwift, watch any movie service or YouTube videos with no problems.

Go to Zwift.com and they'll tell you all you need to know.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taylor or some other Swift?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried zwift on the TV but kept getting annoyed with having to find the perfect height and set up.

I Now run zwift on an iPad that I place on a music stand right in front of my bike. Bought the iPad refurbished for $150 and I already had the music stand.

This set up let’s me run Netflix or whatever on the TV while I run zwift on the iPad.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swift [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just as an example of how little one can get away with, I have a core2duo desktop (3ghz) with 4GB ram, and a slightly updated but still cheapo graphic card (geforce 710) and I can run zwift a-ok on my old desktop. In fact, the desktop does most things pretty well, although with the RAM demands of browsers, the 4gb is pretty limiting.
Quote Reply