Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I love my Felt IA ....... BUT
Quote | Reply
Love my trusty, Felt IA.
What I don't like is not having a bike with hydration integration. Namely a BTA. Some companies have done this is well.
QR
Scott
Canyon (with rear bottle holder, system complete ugh!) lol

Secretly hoping they are plotting to roll out this feature along with rear bottle tray in their next mods.

Kind regards,
DJ
Quote Reply
Re: I love my Felt IA ....... BUT [Deej345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, front end integrated hydration was not really much if a thing when the ia arrived. Mind you, early on pros were putting fluid systems in the bento box space. I am sure it is doable. Some of the aftermarket options like profile design seem reasonable also.

I prefer regular bottles myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The torhans aero30 was virtually made for this bike.

I think in the tunnel it reduced drag on my bike by 5w or so... (I'm traveling, so need to dig it up) but if you get it low and tight next to the head tube, it's a pretty perfect fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deej345 wrote:
Love my trusty, Felt IA.
What I don't like is not having a bike with hydration integration. Namely a BTA. Some companies have done this is well.
QR
Scott

Secretly hoping they are plotting to roll out this feature along with rear bottle tray in their next mods.

I have mine rigged to use a shiv internal bladder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of options here. Torhans as mentioned, the older Bontrager...even the Jetream bottle.

The Profile works as well, if you print a mount to secure it...not overly complicated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s pretty easie to do a BTA system and mount it to the stock aero bars

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And to add that they messed up with a nice draft box also.
Looked like TO rigged his to use the shiv bladder or alike.
(Seeing the size of the frame the only way to go imho)

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was like you last year. Wanted every bike I was into having a big hydration system upfront.
Then I got one. The Aeria stem system. The bite valve is shit. The flow is terrible. The whole system launched off my handlebars mile 30 of 70.3 Ohio, losing my Garmin Edge in a corn field. Not to mention, dumping fluids (some full of sugar) directly over your rim's breaking surface or disc brake rotor is a really bad idea.

A between the arms bottle cage has been good enough for most of the world's best bike triathletes. Many of which have the option to run them, Andi Dreitz, but DON'T run them for races, because of the wind tunnel data.
Quote Reply
Re: I love my Felt IA ....... BUT [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
It’s pretty easie to do a BTA system and mount it to the stock aero bars

Where can I buy one of these?
Quote Reply
Re: I love my Felt IA ....... BUT [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I designed it myself and found a workshop who could cut it. So basically copied the stock bridge and added what I wanted.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its kinda funny how people have different takes on the same thing. I had a Shiv before my IA and I loved NOT having integrated hydration when I got the Felt. I'm not a fan of proprietary solutions, personally. I like having flexibility. I've got the BTA mount integrated in my 51 speedshop bars and when I do 70.3 I add the Torhans aero 20. Super aero and its only there when I need it. To each his own.
Quote Reply
Re: I love my Felt IA ....... BUT [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I had my felt, I was also happy to not have a proprietary bottle. I liked using a very very basic, and lightweight, bottle holder that allowed me to either use a refillable torpedo, or just a plain water bottle.
This is what I used, cheap, light, and worked perfect:

https://profile-design.com/.../products/hc-mount-1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deej345 wrote:
Love my trusty, Felt IA.
QR
Scott

Massive thanks to everyone that responded with your POV. I must say i'm leaning in the opposite direction now. Having the flexibility of using whichever BTA I wish works best for me.
I was caught up on how sleek the integrated setups look.

Thanks Guys.

Kind regards,
DJ
Quote Reply
Re: I love my Felt IA ....... BUT [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
Yeah, front end integrated hydration was not really much if a thing when the ia arrived. Mind you, early on pros were putting fluid systems in the bento box space. I am sure it is doable. Some of the aftermarket options like profile design seem reasonable also.

I prefer regular bottles myself.
I seem to remember the IA was originally supposed to have an integrated hydration system in the down tube similar to the Shiv, but it was deleted from the design just before it was released. I think it was generally thought to have been due to fear of copyright issues with Specialized.
I definitely remember seeing promotional material showing liquid storage where the Calpac ended up.
Quote Reply
Re: I love my Felt IA ....... BUT [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started with the BTA you linked, converted to a Profile Design hydration system and now I'm back to the original BTA. It's a must for racing as bottles can be chucked at aid stations and new ones put back in.

SBRcanuck wrote:
When I had my felt, I was also happy to not have a proprietary bottle. I liked using a very very basic, and lightweight, bottle holder that allowed me to either use a refillable torpedo, or just a plain water bottle.
This is what I used, cheap, light, and worked perfect:

https://profile-design.com/.../products/hc-mount-1
Quote Reply