Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Florida 2019 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did also like the swim, walking on the sad at start of second loop seemed surreal.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed it. The swim was great and really enjoyed the run course. The bike course definitely was a little boring but after doing a lot of my long rides inside on the trainer it was just nice to be outside. This was my first ironman so I don’t have anything to compare it to but it definitely exceeded the expectations I had.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida 2019 [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
Would you guys recommend the race? I am thinking of making it my late season IM next year. A mediocre swimmer, a decent cyclist (climbing mainly), a better than average runner, generally a BOFOP AGer.

I would not do it again, its well run 100% volunteers are awesome 100%.....but the bike has some roads that have bad car traffic, will be some draft packs, overall not very memorable race in comparison to say IMMT or IMSG (never done but will be epic I am sure).

In their defense, the section of 29 (I think that was the highway) that had all the traffic and horrible shoulder that was impossible to pass on which included a Publix parking lot, isn't usually part of the course. Not sure if the storm caused the change in course or not, but that part was terrible. Other than that the roads are better than what I usually ride, and thought the imperfections where properly marked. That said, I agree, it's isn't memorable at all. Would imagine it's relatively inexpensive compared to others though
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Florida 2019 [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, I hated that walk. Over-all I thought the swim was absolutely beautiful. That water doesn't get much better than that. This was the third time doing that race and the last for a while. Time to experience other venues. Thinking IMTX for early season instead of late season. Then maybe IMSR so the wife can drink some wine.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: timr: Nov 5, 19 15:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will warn you that my wife saw the calm blue beautiful waters there and decided to do her first 70.3 there this year, Gulf Coast. The swim was brutal. Some of the Pros said it was the worst water they had ever raced in. She made the cutoff but I was worried to death until I saw her coming up the ramp. That water can turn fast, the temp can be hot or cold, wind calm and 25 mph. If you are going to consider IMFL I would do it for a beach vacation as well, not just for an Ironman unless you live within driving distance.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next