Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IRONMAN Hall of Fame - 100% WHITE (seriously) [Amateur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should do what the Oscars did and do a complete 180 turning it all black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amateur wrote:

NOT Inducted
1st Double Leg Above Knee Amputee IRONMAN World Finisher (Black, not inducted)

~interesting~

He only finished the race A WEEK AGO and it's racist that he's not already in the hall of fame?!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN Hall of Fame - 100% WHITE (seriously) [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Well I don't know what all the fuss is about as there is already one African American in the Ironman Hall of Fame..Only problem is that she is the wrong colour for some to accept her as African (now there is a little bit of reverse racism)…. :-)

...good one....a Rhodesian Durbanite via San Diego....that was awesome....most winning Kona athlete of all time is by definition an American citizen who immigrated to the USA from Africa.

Putting all of that aside, I don't see why Max Fennel gets any Jackie Robinson-esque "first one". First of all Max's ability is no where close to Robinson's. Secondly, the entire world is not barring Max or any athlete of any race from competing in professional triathlon. I get there are more challenges to get the pro card if you're from a group who has less economic and social channels to even do triathlon, but that does not make it deserving of hall of fame status.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 19, 19 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The hip-hop hall of fame lacks a lot of diversity too, I really don’t see the point here.

This is and should continue to be a merit based system. Plain and simple.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN Hall of Fame - 100% WHITE (seriously) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
jaretj wrote:
OMG, hockey is all white too!!!

Hockey Hall of Famers Grant Fuhr and Willie O’Ree just might disagree with you. As would all of the current players who are not 100% white.

I wasn't sure of Grant Fuhr.
I went through the photos from the hockey hall of fame back to 1970 and i missed Willie O’Ree, inducted in 2018.
Last edited by: jaretj: Oct 19, 19 14:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next