Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The full IM is coming back to CDA
Quote | Reply
I know, I know, take it to the main forum. The half just didn't have the same allure for me. I may be back. The sea was angry that day. lol
Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM? at the CDA?

Indigo Montoya at the Castle of Deadly Assassins?
Impacted Molars at the Canadian Dental Association?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [Guff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
International Membership at Copper Development Association
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya know... I lurk here in the LR... and rarely post. However this seems like one of those "violations"... lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What language are you speaking sir?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Ya know... I lurk here in the LR... and rarely post. However this seems like one of those "violations"... lol

You should understand that you will likely be banished just for participating in this thread. Delete your post and disappear for a week or two and he'll probably overlook it this time.

Here. I'll distract him and give you some time to escape.

Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [Guff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impossible Mission at the Central Directorate of Arch-enemies?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Screw them, this is a really cool place to race an IM. It tried to kill me in 2003, but the finishing mile in 2004 was still the most fun finish I have ever had.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Screw them, this is a really cool place to race an IM. It tried to kill me in 2003, but the finishing mile in 2004 was still the most fun finish I have ever had.

2004 CdA was my first IM. So glad to see it back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just say the race is in your backyard and you're bitching about the inconvenience. That'll fool everyone, they'll never suspect you're training for an IM unless your post count drops significantly.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

CDA 2005 was my first. That last mile was magic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

That was a great day, I remember sitting with you after the finish and both of us talking about how awesome the last stretch heading into the finish was.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

I don't remember the year I did it, but when I was done, I looked like I had been in a boxing match. The dry weather dried my nose out so bad I couldn't stop the bleeding. It was dripping down my over my lips so I kept wiping it with my hand, which would be wiped on my trisuit, etc.

Great race, loved every second, even if I looked like I lost a fight.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
j p o wrote:

That was a great day, I remember sitting with you after the finish and both of us talking about how awesome the last stretch heading into the finish was.

People ask what I like about IM's, and I always think about that finish. In my normal life I don't usually have people cheering, jumping up and down, and high fiving me.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
j p o wrote:

People ask what I like about IM's, and I always think about that finish. In my normal life I don't usually have people cheering, jumping up and down, and high fiving me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Argh politics!

(Now that I’ve made my post LR appropriate, i’m so stoked for this. CDA was always going to be my first, but then they took it away when I was old enough to race. To be able to do it here with all of my friends and mentors that I was training with when I was 10 years old, it’s gonna be a special race for me. I’m pumped.)
Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bleucheese wrote:
j p o wrote:

First one for me as well - 2013. Home town-ish and have a few friends who are business owners in the hospitality industry up there. I'll see them this weekend and won't be surprised one bit at just how pumped I'm assuming they will be.
Quote Reply
Re: The full IM is coming back to CDA [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bleucheese wrote:
j p o wrote:

Yeah, I still remember the last mile vividly. Good times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Bleucheese wrote:
j p o wrote:

Yeah, I still remember the last mile vividly. Good times.

Run miles 1-20 were smooth sailing. Miles 21-25 sucked. The last mile down that backstretch I felt like I was floating. The wide, straight road, all the crowd cheering on both sides, agreed - Good Times. Only time I was able to finish in the daylight.
Quote Reply