Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I crashed/cracked the frame on my beloved P3 so I'm in the market for a new bike and 99% certain it'll be a P5D. Dan do you or does anyone know if you swap the P5D cockpit for a P3X cockpit it'll still have the Di2 interface/ charge port located in the read of the extensions? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, that port is specific to the non tilting mono extension.
To have the RS910 port conveniently placed on the EX11 bars you'll need something like this which isn't available just yet
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh, okay thanks for the info. I think I'd rather do without the cleaner set up and port for a more adjustable/15 degree tiltable cockpit.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
No, that port is specific to the non tilting mono extension.
To have the RS910 port conveniently placed on the EX11 bars you'll need something like this which isn't available just yet

My concern with the EX10 Riser and assembly, is that it'll look like this. Which is a mess with wires everywhere. (Picture from AeroGeeks site of their P3X). And I'm a heavy sweater so my concern would be making sure I'm constantly cleaning these wires or they will corrode.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
My concern with the EX10 Riser and assembly, is that it'll look like this. Which is a mess with wires everywhere. (Picture from AeroGeeks site of their P3X). And I'm a heavy sweater so my concern would be making sure I'm constantly cleaning these wires or they will corrode.

Cervelo have never done all that well with Di2 routing. The P3 Di2 always looks like a dogs breakfast and the P-Series Di2 seems to be the same. I designed the Profile Design Aeroport with fixing that as one of the motivations.
If you switch a P5d to the EX11 you'll have the RS910 junction floating - I'd suggest taping it into the back of the extension as an interim measure until the Aeroport is available.
You want to make sure you can't sweat on the plugs - hard to corrode the wires mid-section. So that would mean making sure that the JC41 in the basebar is clear of the drip line - maybe shove it in the bottom of the mono riser. Then some shrink tube to the brake cable would seal things away nicely.

The aeroport has a rubber shroud with the goal of limiting fluid ingress
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi SoreLegs -- I'm in a similar position as OP, and contemplating switching from a Canyon Speedmax SLX to a PX-Series or a P5D. Your write up is super helpful, so thanks for sharing! I was wondering if you comment some more on the handling differences, if any between the two bikes. I recognize that the weight difference makes the P5 feel a bit snappier on climbs, but when you're just barreling along at full speed, does one feel any more confidence inspiring than another. Does one feel any better/worse on the occasional technical section (descending, entering/exiting town). Does the beam design of the PX add some compliance that smooths out rougher roads, or is the ride about the same? My Canyon is very harsh.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK handling differences... I know this is very subjective and hard to explain so please bear with me. The PX and P5X are pretty similar, other than a slight weight savings that you do notice they 'feel' essentially the same. The PX is supposed to be stiffer and handle better and I'm sure it does but I don't really notice that. The 'beam' is super stiff and doesn't contribute to the compliance at all, not from what I can gather. Not having a seat tube though definitely isolates your body from the road and has a very distinct feeling of comfort. I did a 20 mile very windy TT on a road with a very poor surface and the PX was super comfy, solid and just felt great to ride. When you look down at the frame while riding you see a bike with very big tubing and you get a sense that there is a lot of bike under you! For that particular TT I wouldn't have wanted any other bike for it! For technical riding there's also no concerns here, it's easy to handle, disc brakes are amazing and the position of the base bar is excellent. I ride the base bar in the upturned position and really like it.

The P5 Disc is like a lightweight road bike, very snappy feeling, very quick to react, as I wrote earlier my biggest gripe is the front end, I hate the mono extension, it's creaky, it flexes and I don't like the riding position in the aero position or on the base bar. The position of the base bar is fixed as well and can't be turned over like the PX, I find it a bit low and also had to cut the base bar extensions to shorten the reach a bit. You do feel more of the road when riding the P5 Disc, not in a bad way or anything but it's definitely a 'buzzier' ride.

For me, where I live, the amount of wind we have, hills, very poor road surfaces, somewhat technical terrain... right now I'd still choose the PX every time over the P5 Disc. Once I swap the P5 Disc front end that could change how I feel but I don't think it will.

Hopefully that helped a bit and didn't complicate things!
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent you a PM, but wondering what options you have to "switch the front end" of the P5D?
My base bar is uncomfortably low on the P5D and I have a lot of sustained 20-30min+ climbing where I live. Does anyone know of a way to get the basebar/bull horns higher on the P5D?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose: P5d or PX-series [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing you can do about that. The basebar is model specific, you can only change the PX monostem/cockpit to the P5disc, but not the base bar.
Show me a picture of your P5d set up from the side.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply

Prev Next