Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Overnight Racing
Quote | Reply
I am hoping to do a 10+ hour overnight bike event next year (Vatternrundun 300k) that starts Friday evening and finishes the following morning. I will have to work Monday through Wednesday and the earliest we could fly to the event area is on Thursday when we will land, rent a car, drive to the hotel and build up my bike. Be very interested to hear from those who have done something similar what's the best tricks to get your sleep cycle in order the week leading up to such an overnight event so you don't fall asleep on the bike in the middle of the night! Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Overnight Racing [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My personal opinion- nothing. Try to get adequate rest in the week leading up to the event but nothing more.
Stay vigilant on your nutrition and hydration during the ride and the continued physical action and exertion should be enough to keep you awake. Run as much light as possible while riding, your reaction time and mental processes will slow a bit.
But in my experience it’s not that difficult to go all night if you’ve paced well, in fact the time between sunset and sunrise always seems to pass quickly during a race for me. I also usually get a pretty good burst of energy at sunrise after riding all night, but careful, it doesn’t always last long :)
Have a good plan for afterwards as well, not exactly the time you want to be making sleep arrangements.

Have fun!
Last edited by: talking head: Oct 16, 19 4:03
Quote Reply