Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Was Bob disrespectful towards Ali? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming your a Ali fan???????

He is good but he has a lot to learn about long distance racing at the pro level. I'm no expert by any means but I can watch and tell he isn't doing what the other guys are doing and its not working out for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Was Bob disrespectful towards Ali? [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
I'm assuming your a Ali fan???????

He is good but he has a lot to learn about long distance racing at the pro level. I'm no expert by any means but I can watch and tell he isn't doing what the other guys are doing and its not working out for him.

guys, it was his first Kona and 2nd?? IM distance race ever. It's a bit early to say whether it's working out for him, IMO.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Was Bob disrespectful towards Ali? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was 21st.....he might win the damn thing in the future but now he needs to get his head on. He reminds me of LS in 2018 as far as his race mentality. I like the guy but he isn't here yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Was Bob disrespectful towards Ali? [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s the scary part imo. The guy was half in half out committed to just about any of his goals this year whether it was itu or Kona. It’s also why I said he basically got a first hand experience or exactly how to win. He saw how “patient” Frodo was on the bike, he saw how unemotional Frodo was even as he was getting cursed out by AB for not waiting. The question really imo is can AB accept and do what’s needed. If he can’t then he’ll continuously “fight” against the very mindset that’s required to win. But of course it’s stupid hard to go against your own “instincts” sometimes for ppl.

I also see Frodo fading into the sunset after ‘20 even if he does continue to race it with his validation window. But I just don’t see him at 40 doing what’s needed, not especially after this now was his 3rd Kona? At some point he’s throwing his hands up “it’s a wrap chase that career now boys”.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next