Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt Customer Service [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought paying in advance for a bike not in stock is a common practice? I have purchased 2 high- end bikes: One from a well know shop in San Diego and one from Bikesport Michigan. I had to pay in advance both times. I also recieved both bikes when promised so no complaints.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[snip]

"i hope i'm not perceived as defending bad customer service, or of trying to lower the bar for our industry. i think cyborg ought to be pissed off. i also know something else, that if felt sells 10,000 bikes this year, and if all but 10 or 15 (including this transaction) go awry, we won't hear about very many of the 9900+ good transactions. we'll hear about this one. " I have to disagree. Felt and Cervelo owners in particular are not shy about letting people know how happy they are with their bikes. And I read posts all the time on the 'Net about how pleased people are with the attention or service they got from a particular company.
"and then the thread will devolve into, "why do we need felt anyway? why don't we just go to china and pick up the bikes ourselves, and cut out the middle man?" Well, if they're just a wholesaler, as Tom suggests, that might be a reasonable conclusion to draw. As you pointed out, though, there's more to it than that- little things, like the design and engineering of the bike. ;)
"answering the phones and emails and giving timely information is hard. " Well, no it's not. It's both simple and easy. Which is, I think, why Cyborg is upset. If they can't be bothered to simply send her an e-mail apologizing for the delay, how much value does it appear that they place on her as a customer?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [Cyborg42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read you loud and clear.

I would be the same way. I would be willing to wait longer and tell them "don't rush, take your time and do a thorough job ... I have something I can ride in the meantime. Thanks for keeping me up to date on my order. I understand that you guys are trying your best." That is, if they called me. I assume many people are like this. We all work. We all know mistakes happen. We all know backorders are an occurrance that must be dealt with. We all know that not everything in business is 100% efficient. All we ask is to be kept semi-up to date on our order and at least pretend you're interested in my questions.

Everyone seems to be pointing out all of the *other* examples that have nothing to do with this one. Really.

This whole situation could have been handled with a 5 minute phone call. A phone call that said "We don't know exactly when we can get you your bike b/c many things are out of our hands. But, I assure you we value your business and are doing everything we can to get you your bike." [Truth be told, with as much as she has put up with, they would be able to give her a free upgrade to a slightly better model, to smooth things over]. Geez, that might not even take 5 minutes. Someone could have done that as they were stuck in traffic on the way home.

---------------------------------

We are changing into a society of "meowing", where complaints are abundant (under the breath), but the last thing anyone will do is actually stand up for themselves. And we wonder why we have self-esteem problems.

If you ask me the only mistake Cyborg made (going by what is written) is that she should have called the controller back and told them to [1] take a message and have someone call me back by tomorrow, or [2] give me my money back, and I'll buy a bike from a competitor. Maybe that's just me.

Too many people are willing to bend over and take it up the tailpipe, because they simply won't stand up for themselves when being taken advantage of, or not being treated with the respect they deserve as a customer. Those that do are viewed as mutants (or a wrose term). I'm not talking about the guy that's throwing a poop fit b/c his 1/4LB'er has kethup on it and he distinctly said NO KETCHUP! ... I'm referring to those that are polite in their complaints/questions, and get zero response or the "brush".

Humans are generally very understanding if met with compassion/interest.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

...elite still sub-contracts the building of its bikes...
Actually Dan, according to Dave Greenfield all Elite bikes are built by employees of Elite Bicycles and are not sub-contracted.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [Cyborg42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leigh,

I think I'm a little late to get in on defending Felt. I know Beverly has spoken with you and your shop, so there is nothing I can offer you now in terms of delivery information.

I've worked in the industry with Trek, Specialized, Bianchi, Orbea, and many others. Felt's willingness to contact and deal with consumer issues directly is very unique. When you consider Trek, ABG, Specialized and others have an entire staff devoted to the buying public, and Felt's staff have dozens of responsibilities outside of direct customer service it is suprising they can provide as much support as they do, however yours is a good illustration why every consumer is important and why one dissatisfied voice is 1000 times louder than a happy one.

Enjoy your bike,
-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [Topher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is you new Chrono bike going to have that cool "expresso" Columbus CNC machined BB shell, or a plain one?

Is your bike made in Italy and have an Italian threaded BB and a Campagnolo Integrated headset 41.8-42.0 mm bearing diameter, or the Orbea standard 41.4mm?(as they have been to date) or is it now made in Spain?

Lastly, what fork are you using and what size frame did you order?

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know.. I don't get that technical with things. I see something that looks good and seems to work well for others and I buy it. However, I haven't seen any Orbea's at the local triathlon races. I do figure it will be very stiff, and for sprint or Olympic distance races it should be fine.

It does have the CNC bottom bracket and some type of integrated headset. It is made in Spain and I bought a size large or 58cm.

I bought the new Oval Concepts Jetstream fork to go with.

I originally thought about the DA 700, but was talked into the Orbea by my LBS. I usually buy new every year, so maybe I will get a Felt next year.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [Topher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds awesome. I used to work for Orbea and I sold a 50cm Chrono with that same fork to a shop, the thing is a piece of art.

I'm not certain, so I'll just say that I could be completely wrong here, but it is my understanding that that frame was built in Italy for Orbea, not in Spain like some other their other bikes. Dealing with Italy is very tough to get a actual date out of them is impossible. Just look at the OEM spec on Campagnolo bikes, nearly none.

I think that Orbea is moving away from the small builder doing the production of that frame, and moving it in house, but leaving off the cool CNC BB shell to drop costs.

I'd be anxious to see what actually arrives and know the story behind it.

-SD

"It does have the CNC bottom bracket and some type of integrated headset. It is made in Spain and I bought a size large or 58cm. I bought the new Oval Concepts Jetstream fork to go with."

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [sevans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Actually Dan, according to Dave Greenfield all Elite bikes are built by employees of Elite Bicycles and are not sub-contracted."

i know the master builder. friend of mine. used to build bikes for me. they're nicely made bikes. i like them a lot. most of the time i know who builds what, and if i didn't know i wouldn't say i knew. that said, it ought to make no difference to anyone whether the builder gets a W2 or a 1099 at the end of the year. i know it doesn't make any difference to me.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just want to say, for the public record here, that SuperDave and I have corresponded offline and my exchange with him has gone a long way towards making me feel better about buying a bike from them.

He has taken responsibility for where Felt slipped up, given me adequate assurances that customer satisfaction is a priority for Felt, convinced me that my experience is not typical, and vowed to address outstanding issues with a handful (well, two hands full but not bad considering their sales volume) of other customers with similar frustrations.

Thanks, Dave, and I am really looking forward to that bike!!!!

Leigh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up my F35 last week at Mission Bay. Took a week to get. The bike is beautifl. Great work in the details. I don't understand how people can complain about these bikes. It's like getting Ferrari parts at Mustang price. I mean DA9 derailleurs and shifters and FSA carbon crank and Mavic Ksyrium Elites for $1700. Can't wait for the snow to clear here in Chicago so I can take her off the trainer.

What really bothers my about this thread is that most of those complaining have no experience w/ Felt. Yes the original poster should be pissed, but where are the rest of these people coming from?

Thanks for your site and time,

Ed

Loyal customer of Mission Bay, Felt and Cervelo

'It makes no sense for me to apologize for being an asshole. For acting like an asshole, yes, I'd fall on my sword for that. But how can one apologize for one's state of being?' - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Customer Service [ecb304] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I mean DA9 derailleurs and shifters and FSA carbon crank and Mavic Ksyrium Elites for $1700. Can't wait for the snow to clear here in Chicago so I can take her off the trainer."

I'm not sure what the exact details of your transaction are, but that is a $2300 bicycle. All the consumers out there racing to your Felt retailer to get a $1700 F35 are going to be dissapointed, the F45 retails for $1700 and is a great value with its Ultegra/DA/FSA/Mavic Ksyrium component pick and sub 3 pound aluminum/carbon frameset.

The F35 is the number one selling performance road bike for me, but none of the retail outlets sell them below $2300.

I've just got a U23 national team member headed to the Pan-American championships on a F35. He'll be competing worldwide on a stock bike he paid a Felt retailler for. While it is true many pro-level athletes are given products to race and endorse, I find it refreshing to find athletes like Matt Kowalski and Matt Murray buying and racing on bikes that I sell when they could buy anything from any maker, or with some luck, get free ones from smaller companies.

-SD

Quote Reply

Prev Next