Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
how do you keep the elements wet - or arent they metal?

definately holograms though! carbon holograms

Make them out of copper and magnets and you'll be a millionaire.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [drkoontz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These things look a bit like passive cooling elements that are typically glued onto the CPU of a computer or a graphics card. So I guess there could be something to it...

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It´s incredible the imaginations of some to get into the endless pockets of long distance triathletes.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
These things look a bit like passive cooling elements that are typically glued onto the CPU of a computer or a graphics card. So I guess there could be something to it...

The difference is the much larger temperature delta between a GPU (185^F) and ambient air (72^F in an office), and a human (101^F when racing) and the air in Hawaii (89^F). For convective heat transfer the amount is proportional to the temp delta.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a sponsor of BWB, we have access to the athletes in a semi private area. Bob allowed the rep to show this product that had this cooling property. If an elite athlete wore it during the race, they had time to test it and come to a conclusion it would/should have a cooling benefit. I firmly believe that no athlete had any financial benefit to use this product with zero benefits
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GTN covers them here (at 1:50):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzOf2vjYYw

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
https://www.omius.io/

I’m always skeptical about these sort of things.

Tim O had them on the back of his hat

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
No evaporation. .. conduction to 3x more surface area cooling surface

Maybe thats the catch... 3x the surface area but no evaporation because the cells are dry?

If this product is based on conduction and not evaporation I don't see it doing much and the problem with evaporation is when the humidity is high that stops working too. A double negative.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of things in our sport that people use or do because they *think* they provide some benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw on instagram that Potts wore the head version under a bandana. In theory this would add back the evaporation but maybe reduce the surface area (less cell surface touching the bandana than a forehead would but adding a slight conductive resistance between the skin and bandana)

A lot of pros wearing them so either they do work well or a lot of bonuses paid
Quote Reply
Re: What was Kienle wearing on his forearms? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in Japan, there are snake oil copper and magnetic necklaces, bracelets, socks...and literally everything else you can imagine that do absolutely nothing yet advertise every retarded thing you can think of.

...protects you from evil computer energy. sure!
...improves circulation. Why not!
boost mood...cures depression...relieves stress....improved brain!

Asians really get behind this "ancient medicine"
Quote Reply

Prev Next