Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need a cheap Garmin hrm belt
Quote | Reply
The hrm belt that came with my garmin 935 has worn out into a crusty mess. A replacement belt (the tri belt with the blue trim on the sensor) is way expensive. Are there any alternatives that are a lot cheaper? I use it daily for run and bike and need it to be waterproof For IM racing but don’t need it to record swim hr.
any options out there that would work with my 935? (The wrist hr isn’t very reliable for me)
Thanks
Tubs
Quote Reply
Re: Need a cheap Garmin hrm belt [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've found the old-school Garmin "hard strap" HRM to be utterly reliable. I use it just like you intend to use it. These were selling for under $30 on Amazon and elsewhere for a while, but seem to have recently gone back up in price. Still, it's the one I would go back to if I needed a replacement.

https://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/...nEAQYASABEgIJ7_D_BwE

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Need a cheap Garmin hrm belt [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the HRM 'unit' popper onto the strap (2 press studs about 1 3/4 inch apart) ?

If so, ive reverted to using a Polar soft strap even with the garmin HR unit / pod. More reliable and cheaper. Same 2x popper fitttings on my V old Polar hrm pod, my garmin ant+ pod and my wahoo ant+ & bluetooth pod.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Wahoo Tickr is a pretty decent strap too. Not as durable as the hard strap but for $50 or less if on sale you’re talking dual band tech that’s just plane solid.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply