Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The OTHER Canadian thread (Beals) [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
...in the old days we'd race 6 or 7. we know now that there's a finite life span to that, and hell to pay later in life.

Any concrete examples for the bolded part?

Of the guys posting here, ask Monty.

And something I have noticed, you saw a little bit of this with Dan pulling the BS/LS thread, the older generation is very protective of the younger generation and any insinuation that they are jake-ing it.
Quote Reply
Re: The OTHER Canadian thread (Beals) [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
JBell wrote:
edm-tri-guy wrote:
Like someone above said, something happened with the ventum bike that couldn’t be fixed, but he probably doesn’t want to say what it is because it will look bad on ventum which is his sponsor. It’s probably something disaster like a critical flaw ... otherwise Cody is the type of guy that he would detail it in a later blog post either at we will find out... or not if he keeps it general to protect ventum

But if it happened in transit, I don't see how he couldn't have been given a new replacement. Ventum had tons of bikes there last year for demo, and I'd assume they would have had something similar this year. The wording made it seem like he went into the race with a bike issue, which is what I find very odd given the stage he was on.

I can’t figure out if people think Cody is lying or is people can’t make an inference from his explanation.

Either there was damage that was noticed but wasn’t expected to cause an issue, or there was unnoticed damage that came to the fore during the race. In either case, he would have gone into the race not thinking repairs/replacements were required.

I don't think he's lying. I just wish he'd have stated exactly what the mechanical was. He's such a details guy, that I don't see him going into a race with a compromised bike, as he infers.
Quote Reply
Re: The OTHER Canadian thread (Beals) [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Electronics ? Battery ?

Anyways, he was professional about it. Not finding excuses, or blaming anyone...

LOuis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The OTHER Canadian thread (Beals) [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my first thought, but it's not "travel related". I am thinking it's cracked or broken something caused by the travel and it wasn't found before the race.
Quote Reply
Re: The OTHER Canadian thread (Beals) [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's as transparent as they come, I expect he'll come on here in the next week or so and explain. If it was damage caused by travel, and not anything actually related to Ventum engineering, I can't imagine that he won't elaborate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next