Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rinny's Husband [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a TO fan. I remember watching last year and imploring him to “go” and take a chance instead of sitting in on the train. It looks like he went for it this year and had a great result. I am so happy for him.

Super surprised and impressed as well.

jkhayc wrote:
k, a semantics issue then.

regardless of how you or i interpret his pre-race vibes he raced great and had a huge personal best. while not forgetting or discounting that he has placed highly before, i am still surprised and impressed at his race this year.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the live stream showed TO approaching the 2nd place podium, then not being able to step up on the box without help from Messick. TO gave 100% like a champion; could not be happier for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Crushed it. Swam well, crushed the bike (was the only guy doing a lot of work other than Frodo), and then ran really well.

Totally didn't expect that given the tone of some of his interviews and super impressed.

Can he be Tim O'Donnell and move on from Rinny's Husband?! (tongue in cheek btw)

I loved TO's comment during an interview about being surprised at the position he was in.... '~Ya, I realized between of 3 (AB JF) of us we had 3 gold medals and none of them were mine". That is always good company to be in and TO hails from the short course ITU career originally. Remarkable performance.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny's Husband [Spandexboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spandexboy wrote:
I am impressed, by T.O. He just put up, not just the greatest American performance in Kona ever, but possibly one of the greatest Kona performances ever. He was beaten only by the GOAT and that says something. Hats off to Hoffman too. Some great perfomances and efforts in the men's and women's fields.

Yes! Think- he surpassed all of Mark Allen’s races and many in here consider him the GOAT.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Crushed it. Swam well, crushed the bike (was the only guy doing a lot of work other than Frodo), and then ran really well.

Totally didn't expect that given the tone of some of his interviews and super impressed.

Can he be Tim O'Donnell and move on from Rinny's Husband?! (tongue in cheek btw)

He will probably be known as Rinny's husband once we settle into calling Jan, Emma's husband!

Great race. He was solid on all counts. Super impressive. I am pumped for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny's Husband [Kmonie360] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kmonie360 wrote:
Is this the second fastest time by an American? I know of Matt Hanson’s 7:52, but can’t find an official list.

Hanson has gone 7:39
Starky has gone 7:51.
Ben has gone in the 7:50s either once or twice.
TO has gone 7:55
Last edited by: jkhayc: Oct 13, 19 20:36
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny's Husband [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Agree with all of this.

Always thought TO was a very good, but not great IM triathlete.
Today - he became one of the greats. Breakthrough performance.

That was an inspiring effort, that in most other years (prior to '18) would have been more than good enough FTW.
He just had the misfortune of having an all-time great having an excellent day just a bit up the road.

TO is nails. BAMF.

And like Frodo, he's a Pro's Pro.

LOVED his comment about "I'm up there riding with 3 Olympic Gold medals, and I don't have any of them"
LOL.

In taking second TO may have given Jan his third Kona. Tim had to drive hard to keep up the gap, Jan had to do nothing until he did at scenic point. TO did a ton of work and pulled off a sub 2:50 run.

It was cool to see a naval Academy guy who did not come up through the elite sport system hang out on the queenk and drive the Olympic medalists. It was like watching a David Robinson or Roger Staubach show but this time in triathlon. Not sure if the boys in Annapolis got the message of what they can do from their launch pad at the naval academy.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny's Husband [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think TO "gave" Jan anything...

Pretty sure Jan took what he wanted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
I am also slower than my wife, haha. I am content with my place.

Those of us who have or had couch potato and TV watching wives might be OK with a wife that could train with us.

Good on all of you who do.

Glad that TO had a great race. As of late, he's the top triathlete in their family.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny's Husband [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
I think 2 things. I dont know how much he was actually "pushing" the pace, as I think it was a mixture of the 3 take pulls, and what the last 45 mins of the ride, Frodo went ballastic to drop them. I thought it was more of a "controlled" effort but also enough push to keep the chasers away.

There was also a decent amount of talk about how much biking he was doing to keep the pressure off his feet. I enjoy watching him. He's just sort of no nonsense and moves on.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next