Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3X vs Canyon Speedmax SLX
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm in a need for a new bike as I've recently sold my 2018 Speedmax SL. I was couting on Canyon upgrading their SL/SLX with a disc version, but unfortunately that did not happen.

Anyway, I'm considering two options the Speedmax SLX and the Cervelo P3X. The P3X should be easier to work with in terms of adjusting both cockpit and brakes which is a huge plus. Also, it has disc brakes which I believe will be on most tri bikes in the years to come. However, the P3X has a unconventional look which takes some time to get used to. Not sure how easy it will be to sell this bike in a few years. The cost for the P3X is also a bit higher than the SLX.

The SLX has a more traditional look, has integrated hydration system and has a superior clean cockpit. This bike setup has been around for a few years and Canyon could be doing an upgrade probably next year which could be making this bike a bit more difficult to sell. Also, it's a bit more complex to adjust and the brakes adjustment could be a pain.

Does anyone has a recommendation or some thoughts on which bike to choose?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X vs Canyon Speedmax SLX [borgers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the new Cervelo P series that replaces the P3. Pretty happy with it. The P3X is heavier - not good for hills but very nice for flat speed, according to my LBS manager.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X vs Canyon Speedmax SLX [krafty81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And by not good for hills you mean not good for a straight hill climb... In any up and down course aero trumps weight
Does op know for a fact that they even got in the canyon... It's not an easy bike to fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had had my P5disc for 8 months now and am on a race team supported by Cervelo. Having that be said, if I was not on the team I would still opt for a Cervelo bike over the Canyon. Ease of adjustability, storage options based on the bike you want, configurations, easy to source replacement parts, disc brakes (bike manu are beginning to drop rim brake bikes as inventory goes away). Honestly, the P3X is an absolute awesome bike with super easy adjustments to make the perfect fit. Get the P3X and don't look back.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X vs Canyon Speedmax SLX [Mgibo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It certainly makes a lot of sense to go with Cervelo in terms of disc brakes, configurations and adjustability. The frame construction seems a bit unstable and fragile but I guess that's just from a visual point of view.
Do you know what Cervelo says about using this bike on a roller? Or do they have a general statement for using their bikes indoor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go canyon. If for no other reason than Cervelo customer service is not what it used to be. After buying a p2 based on the warranty they supposedly offer I had a cervelo fork fail on me and they were ZERO help despite it being a defect that literally could have killed me had I not caught it - I emailed them explaining this any for back essentially "not our problem".

Cervelo pretty much threw every roadblock in my way they could when I tried to warranty it. Eventually it was such a pain in the ass that I gave up, which I assume is exactly what they want, and just bought another fork from a private seller here on ST.

My next bike is going to be a canyon or trek as both have local stores and stand by their products from my friends experiences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used my P5disc indoors for 99% of my training on zwift using the wahoo kickr and have had no issues at all. Haven’t heard of any issues with using rollers if they axle on the smart trainer.
Quote Reply