Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women...
Quote | Reply
time to ban the shoes like they did swim skins for Olympics a few years back....
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and yet triathlon continues to use swim skins. And UCI illegal bikes. Even if IAAF were to ban the shoes (they won't) what makes you think triathlon would do the same?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ban them for what? Haug didn't break Rinny's record. Jan wore Asics. TO was in Hoka's. Sebi in NB. Not sure about Hoffman but Wurf had Nike in 5th. They're just shoes
Last edited by: rjrankin: Oct 12, 19 18:37
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
Ban them for what? Haug didn't break Rinny's record. Jan wore Asics. TO was in Hoka's. Sebi in NB. Not sure about Hoffman but Wurf had Nike in 5th. They're just shoes

Because synthetic is triathlon Luddite moron.
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
and yet triathlon continues to use swim skins. And UCI illegal bikes. Even if IAAF were to ban the shoes (they won't) what makes you think triathlon would do the same?

ironman/usat banned fixed gear bikes. which are some of the cheapest bikes you can buy. I guess as long as its expensive and brings in high income participants that is ok...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fixed gears also dont generally have brakes right? You can add them but they don't automatically come with brakes right?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Fixed gears also dont generally have brakes right? You can add them but they don't automatically come with brakes right?

they are banned even with brakes added.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
add to the list womens WR smashed today at Chicago. 2:14 in the assistance shoes
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TO was in the Carbon Rocket
Sebi was in the yet to be released Fuel Cell Racer - Carbon Plate
Hoffman - Vapor Fly Next %
Wurf - Vapor Fly Next % - He’s a Nike athlete.

Also on course Skechers with Carbon Plate, Saucony with Carbon Plate

When Greg Lemond showed up on the final day short time trial into Paris with a pair of Scott DH bars on his bike everyone laughed. Then he smashed and won the Yellow Jersey on that last day.

They wanted to ban those bars but they didn’t.

By the way the guy that won yesterday was riding some bars that are not commercially available.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this. He was saying to specifically ban the vaporfly though, so I questioned why. Jan was also in prototype ASICS with carbon plate. Part of evolving in sport is technology
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way the guy that won yesterday was riding some bars that are not commercially available. //

Neither were his shoes I believe, but I asked that in another thread, and not a requirement in triathlon. Otherwise Brad Kearns would have been DQ'd at the WC Desert Princess back in 86..(-;
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His darn black shoes. I’ll get my data soon and maybe be able to identify them.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shoes were so prototype that they had to spray paint the logos on... Frodotypes
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they were prototypes. It’s the Asics Meta Racer which is based of their engineering on the Meta Ride and Meta Glide. They were not early versions of the shoe. That shoe on Jan’s foot is very, very close to what will be available to everyone. Look to Boston next year for all of these shoes to break loose into the market. The New Balance is already slated for April release. The Saucony will probably be released around that same time. Then there is Brooks that has had a shoe on athletes for 2 years (black of course)

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would you be banning? Carbon plates? Plates of any material? Only if they're in the forefoot? What about foams? Ban based on density, rebound, chemistry or what?

I don't understand what it is you'd like the rule book to say to get the result you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Frodotypes

They name the shoes Frodotype and you should get paid for coming up with this name.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Frodotypes

Nice.
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, banning them is ridiculous, especially considering you can buy them yourself. Disc wheels are arguably more expensive and harder to obtain for most. And they both likely have similar overall effect.

Two years from now this will be a lost cause once every manufacturer has carbon plate shoes.. and we all realize it doesn't matter anyways.
Quote Reply
Re: berlin 2018, 2019, sub2, kona top 3 women... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
By the way the guy that won yesterday was riding some bars that are not commercially available. //

Neither were his shoes I believe, but I asked that in another thread, and not a requirement in triathlon. Otherwise Brad Kearns would have been DQ'd at the WC Desert Princess back in 86..(-;

There would appear to be an exception with speed bar type custom extensions. (UCI)

Many pros had them, Frodo’s were made by Canyon, Langes made by Swiss side for Canyon. Vision had a set that were custom made for Tony Martin which will never make it to Market, Wiggins with custom ti 3D printed etc.

Maurice
Quote Reply