Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite bottle ideas.
Quote | Reply
Just fooling around while watching a great race.

I run narrow up front and my arms fold really nicely around the bottle. The trick will be what do do with the computer given this is a lift to access setup.

I have a more vertical setup for the rear, that still risks being a bottle ejection system.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Oct 12, 19 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Elite bottle ideas. [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great idea if you can keep it from leaking onto your front wheel. I did this a couple of years ago and it leaked when I would hit a bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran the same setup on my Slice for a couple of races. You have to under fill the bottle or you'll shoot water everywhere when you squeeze the bottle to remove it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool bottle, but can we discuss the paint on that felt? Custom vinyl wrap?
Quote Reply
Re: Elite bottle ideas. [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that's a new IA.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Elite bottle ideas. [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
Cool bottle, but can we discuss the paint on that felt? Custom vinyl wrap?

I call it the skinny zebra and I think it looks badass. Google WWII dazzle camo.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite bottle ideas. [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Great idea if you can keep it from leaking onto your front wheel. I did this a couple of years ago and it leaked when I would hit a bump.

Yeah, even on the downtube of my road bike it would do the same. A vertical orientation between the bars would work also, but I like the hidden look.

I do have a xlab aero bottle that would also do the trick. Sadly the front is not as areo. and the hump kind of sticks up.

Anyway, I screwed around with my bars quite a bit to eliminate the gap between my bars, but I did not get them as narrow as required. It would have required cutting my extensions to clear the stem... a task which I am not ready to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should look at their new offering but the round narrow bottle
Last edited by: BMANX: Oct 12, 19 19:39
Quote Reply
Re: Elite bottle ideas. [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should look again. I saw the new round bottle, but assumed it was round and moved on.

Until then, the elite cronos will look great for Instagram. It kept me busy during the ironman broadcast.
Quote Reply